Whats a yamaha acoustic FG-365S worth now?

Posted by Jack on Wed, 07/19/00 - 21:38:55.
Advertisement

Anyone know what a Yamaha acoustic FG-365S in great condition is worth lately?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Whats a yamaha acoustic FG-365S worth now?

Good question. I have one that has to be 20 years old. I have no idea what it is worth. I love this guitar. It has its own very unique voice. Its not a Larivee (which I have owned), but it is altogether my favorite guitar! Any ideas, anyone?

: Anyone know what a Yamaha acoustic FG-365S in great condition is worth lately?

I have several top end acoustics but my old Yamaha 365s-II still remains one of the sweetest guitars in my beloved collection! I too love playing this guitar and love it's warm tone. Mine is from the early 70's and is in close to mint condition. Bought it off my friend Rebecca who's dad was in a famous 60's band (I think the 60's) called the "Letterman" for about $100. It was one of his old guitars which was handed down to thew kids. I know I got an isane deal but wasn't sure at the time what it was realy worth, just knew it played and sounded killer! It was one of those great deals between friends! I now know the guitar is worth a lot more and cherish it. In the 70's this model was considered a fairly HQ acoustic guitar. I recent saw one on the internet in "good condition" and the going price was $415. I have also seen one in a pawn shop for $275 in fair condition (but sounded great). The FG365's were just well-made and designed acoustics. They picked good woods because as the wood gets older the tone keeps on improving! I made a slight neck adjustment and I use Martin SP Light strings on mine which seems to be a perfect match! I am interested in seeing what your guitar looks like, can you email me a picture (teamhanelei@hotmail.com) Hang on to your axe it's worth some dosh and sure it will be a true classic! Peace. M.Enzo/Hanalei Bay Hawaii

I also own the very same guitar, hell of a sound, im not sure how much exactly, but yamaha DOES NOT make acoustics like they used to at ALL. so Its definately a classic

: I also own the very same guitar, hell of a sound, im not sure how much exactly, but yamaha DOES NOT make acoustics like they used to at ALL. so Its definately a classic

: : I also own the very same guitar, hell of a sound, im not sure how much exactly, but yamaha DOES NOT make acoustics like they used to at ALL. so Its definately a classic
I too own this guitar. It has aged beautifully. I had to replace the nut so I put in new bone nut,saddle and pins. This increased the volume and rounded out the tone. It has a three piece back with a beautiful inlay. It also has mother of pearl markers and logo. I bought it used in '83 and I like it better than my Martin. I would love to know it's worth as well.

: Anyone know what a Yamaha acoustic FG-365S in great condition is worth lately?

I've owned one since 1978, and I still play it every day. It has retained its Martin-like tonal quality and the Rosewood back and sides have mellowed out the sound. My 365 also has perfect intonation (each note rings true up and down the neck), which is rare for even a great guitar. In terms or "great" guitars, the very modestly priced Yamaha 365s, Taiwan-built guitar
was given a "decent" rating from one of the guitar mechanics in Los Angeles.

I've had "slick" offers of $300 for my guitar--and those were only opening bid offers. I think the 365s is easily worth $400, and I wouldn't sell mine--dings and all--for anything less.

fjb--hermosa beach, ca

I've owned one since 1978, and I still play it every day. It has retained its Martin-like tonal quality and the Rosewood back and sides have mellowed out the sound. My 365 also has perfect intonation (each note rings true up and down the neck), which is rare for even a great guitar. In terms or "great" guitars, the very modestly priced Yamaha 365s, Taiwan-built guitar was given a "decent" rating from one of the best guitar mechanics in Los Angeles.

I've had "slick" offers of $300 for my guitar--and those were only opening bid offers. I think the 365s is easily worth $400, and I wouldn't sell mine--dings and all--for anything less.

fjb--hermosa beach, ca

I own als a 365S, somebody told that they are hard to find these days, they don't build guitars like that anymore and it's worth 700€ or dollars

how good it is

I have a yamaha 365 s (s stands for solid top) bought sight unseen on ebay in australia for $260 with a case. The guitar itself was unknown to me but it had a solid top and I appreciate the MIJ guitars of the 70's. Ok, This was a 1980 made in Korea but the sentiment remains. Obviously well made and a very solid guitar. Somebody had gone to a lot of trouble to produce a fine instrument. 3 piece back like the Martin D 35 Not a lot of info about the 365 was available but it was the first yamaha model made with a solid top.

even with old strings it rang nicely with the first strum. It need a set up and strings. I took it along to my luthier Charles Cilia in Sydney who also strummed it and just said WOW. I got it a new saddle, nut, frets and strings and set up low. Oh boy what a guitar this is. I had a high end Maton which I then sold. Yeah the maton was better and at 12 times the price it should be. But it wasn't 12 times better. I don't care what the headstock says, if it sounds great then fine by me. I'll play it along side anyone's gibson or martin or Maton. It projects a strong sound, well suited to fingerpicking or bluegrass equally. I wont say well balanced because every ad I've ever seen for a guitar in the last two years says " it is well balanced". Who knows anymore what that means. I know it is a great guitar. I am 60 years old and been playing since I've been 8. I speak as a player not a collector.

I got lucky with mine. They may not all be the same but it's worth a punt if you see one.

Yamaha FG365s

Glad to know others out there appreciate a sound like only the Yamaha 365 can put out! Mine has a few dings in it, (put there by others . . . grrrr), but I love her just the same. I bought it in Bakersfield, CA '78, and have never seen the equal. Beautiful with the three piece back.

I've seen them priced from $350 to $750, but I wouldn't take double that for mine. I play her every day, and she's showing some wear on the neck as well as a hole almost worn through her just above the pickguard right in front of the bridge where I "gauge" each lick with my little finger anchored there.

I'm 62 now, and me and her has been together since the day I bought her. I think my bride gets jealous of her because she is who I turn to when I'm down. A few old Gospel tunes, a little Marty Robbins, and the like, and I'm all better. Kids are already fighting over her even though I have Mosrite, Washburn . . . (don't own any farm equipment . . . you know, Fender!!), but I do own a Fender amp.

Gene Moles put pickup in her in the early 90's, and I play her over the Fender twin and the Mosrite 400. Only when I need the volume which is nearly never, but, she never fails to put that beautiful sound out! Pure, warm, loud and sweet. You'll never go wrong with one!

Pricing

Interestingly enough I went and talked with a guy who owned a shop, [don't worry I would never actually follow-through] about the price of this old gal. And he said that just having a regular tune up and set up dramatically increased the value. He figured that when in her condition [almost perfect] she was worth $800. That's coming from someone who lives to make money by buying cheap and selling high.

Fg 365S11

Hi, I have a FG365S11 that I want to sell. I bought it new in about 1976. I took a few lessons but never played it. It is like new with maybe 2-3 hours of use. It is like in mint condition. What can I get for it???

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.