• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

What kind of amp does Santana use now and in the past.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: What kind of amp does Santana and in Woodstock festival.

Anonymous

i mesa boogie mark 1

Anonymous
      Anonymous

: What kind of amp does Santana use now and in the past. Hi he use`s Boogies was instumental in boogies early years.dont know if has changed or not. bick tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

: : What kind of amp does Santana use now and in the past. : Hi he use`s Boogies was instumental in boogies early years.dont know if has changed or not. : bick : tremontguitars.com Santana used Fender Twin Reverb and Marshall amps in the really early days (around 69-71).. on Woodstock he used a black amp head and cabinet, don’t know what kind of amp it was.. maybe Acoustic.

Anonymous

At Woodstock he certainly used and Acoustic head and cabinet. I saw him at the Paramount (NYC) and all he used was (looked like) a Fender Twin Reverb.

Anonymous

: At Woodstock he certainly used and Acoustic head and cabinet. I saw him at the Paramount (NYC) and all he used was (looked like) a Fender Twin Reverb. Actually, the amp Santana used at Woodstock was a Gallien Kreuger, the first one ever made, just a proto-type actually. You can read a little more about this at the GK homepage: http://www.gallien-krueger.com/ABOUT_GK/HISTORY/history.html But there’s one thing that I’ve always wondered about.. How did Carlos (and Neal Schon) got that thick distorted sound out of their Fender amps without pedals? Cause, I mean, a Fender Twin is a very VERY clean sounding amp, and Carlos’ sound was (and still is) very fat and creamy.

Anonymous

One of the guitar mags for December (may still be on the racks) interviews Carlos and discusses his newest equipment lineup. He is now using a dual amp setup, including both Mesa/Boogies and Dumbles. Hope this helps. Silky John Perrin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.