Santana amp

Posted by AT on Thu, 12/19/02 - 23:23:50.

What kind of amp does Santana use now and in the past.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Santana amp

: What kind of amp does Santana use now and in the past.

Hi he use`s Boogies was instumental in boogies early years.dont know if has changed or not.

bick
tremontguitars.com

One of the guitar mags for December (may still be on the racks) interviews Carlos and discusses his newest equipment lineup. He is now using a dual amp setup, including both Mesa/Boogies and Dumbles. Hope this helps.
Silky John Perrin

: : What kind of amp does Santana use now and in the past.

: Hi he use`s Boogies was instumental in boogies early years.dont know if has changed or not.

: bick
: tremontguitars.com

Santana used Fender Twin Reverb and Marshall amps in the really early days (around 69-71).. on Woodstock he used a black amp head and cabinet, don't know what kind of amp it was.. maybe Acoustic.

At Woodstock he certainly used and Acoustic head and cabinet. I saw him at the Paramount (NYC) and all he used was (looked like) a Fender Twin Reverb.

: At Woodstock he certainly used and Acoustic head and cabinet. I saw him at the Paramount (NYC) and all he used was (looked like) a Fender Twin Reverb.

Actually, the amp Santana used at Woodstock was a Gallien Kreuger, the first one ever made, just a proto-type actually. You can read a little more about this at the GK homepage: http://www.gallien-krueger.com/ABOUT_GK/HISTORY/history.html

But there's one thing that I've always wondered about..
How did Carlos (and Neal Schon) got that thick distorted sound out of their Fender amps without pedals? Cause, I mean, a Fender Twin is a very VERY clean sounding amp, and Carlos' sound was (and still is) very fat and creamy.

http://www.santana.com/musicianscorner/amps/

: What kind of amp does Santana and in Woodstock festival.

i mesa boogie mark 1

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.