Marwin Guitar

Posted by Len Volpe on Fri, 09/24/99 - 14:23:20.
Advertisement

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

Is anyone familiar with "Marwin" guitars? I have one and am stumped about the maker, origin, history, etc.
Please reply. (I have a pictures if that will help)
Thanks, Len

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Marwin Guitar

: Is anyone familiar with "Marwin" guitars? I have one and am stumped about the maker, origin, history, etc.
: Please reply. (I have a pictures if that will help)
: Thanks, Len

:Hi Len, I too have a Marvin Guitar. It is a beautiful arch top. I have unable to find out anything at this time. I will keep looking and E you if get anything.
: Is anyone familiar with "Marwin" guitars? I have one and am stumped about the maker, origin, history, etc.
: : Please reply. (I have a pictures if that will help)
: : Thanks, Len

Marwin

I have a Marwin Electone, I have found it was made in 1940. I recieved this as a give several years ago and it still plays and is in good shape.

Hi Len,

Like you I have a Marwin and no one else has heard of them.Mine is an arch-top acoustic With 2 f-holes.It says Marwin Ultra on the Headstock. The body is sound but the neck and finger board are off and I have no hardware.I wanted to get some history before I spent anything rebuilding it.I have posted on another site and have had no luck.Good luck to you and let us know what you hear. Thanks, Joe

Hey...im asking the same thing. I just got my hands on one from the 40's

I have a Marwin Clef, archtop and have the same questions as you

len,i have a marwin "super" that belonged to my father and my grandfather. i have never found out anything about it either. all i can tell you is that it is from before the 50's.

i picked up a marwin 4 star archtop
what little i found out is that marwin made guitars in the same plant as harmony from 1935-1940

Actually, Harmony made their instruments under a wide variety of different names for various distributors and store brands, and Marwin was one of these. Practically all of the older Airline and Silvertone brands (Monkey Wards and Sears)were made by Harmony and Harmony's main competitor, Kay, for example. There's an old Silvertone archtop presently on eBay that's identical to Marwins I've seen.

Marwin Guitar

I recently found a Marwin guitar while cleaning out a house. It appears to be in excellent condition. The only thing written on the whole guitar is the name Marwin on the head. On the inside it just says "Made in USA". It appears old. Can anyone help give me an idea of what its worth or its origin?
Thanks in advance.
Jason

Marwin Ultra

I too came into possession of a Marwin Ultra. It is in beautiful condition except for a deteriorated pick guard and the neck slightly pulled. I'm wondering if expending the money to recondition would be worth the investment.

Marwin

I have a cpl marwin guitars. Both were made around 1933. Both are archtop. There marwin 4stars. Yes I believe they were made by harmony. The marwins seem to be a higher quality then a normal harmony. They are sought after and depending on there condition can sell for $250 or more. They have a sound that many of us prefer. I collect kay guitars and can say for certain the marwins are a little higher quality.

MARWIN FOUR STAR G37NKUITAR 40'S

I have a 1940's Marwin 4 star guitar that I am selling for $250 if anyone is interested.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.