Takamine EN12C12

Posted by John F on Fri, 07/18/03 - 09:14:22.

I've just bought a s/h Take EN12C12 - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Takamine EN12C12

: I've just bought a s/h Take <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">EN12C12</B> - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

The back and sides are laminated Australian lacewood--and yes, they do look nice! I just had my EN12C12 repaired and set up. The top is solid spruce.

As far as value...list on these was $1250; they are, unfortunately, worth a good deal less than that.

Not that they've depreciated--just that the list (as always) was way high.

Some advice: watch the bridge. It will pull away from the top. String it w/ light gauge or Dean Markley Medium/Light gauge strings to avoid this, and pay attention to humidity.

: : I've just bought a s/h Take <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">EN12C12</B> - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

: The back and sides are laminated Australian lacewood--and yes, they do look nice! I just had my EN12C12 repaired and set up. The top is solid spruce.

: As far as value...list on these was $1250; they are, unfortunately, worth a good deal less than that.

: Not that they've depreciated--just that the list (as always) was way high.

: Some advice: watch the bridge. It will pull away from the top. String it w/ light gauge or Dean Markley Medium/Light gauge strings to avoid this, and pay attention to humidity.

Thanks Ian - will do!

: : I've just bought a s/h Take <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">EN12C12</B> - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

: The back and sides are laminated Australian lacewood--and yes, they do look nice! I just had my EN12C12 repaired and set up. The top is solid spruce.

: As far as value...list on these was $1250; they are, unfortunately, worth a good deal less than that.

: Not that they've depreciated--just that the list (as always) was way high.

: Some advice: watch the bridge. It will pull away from the top. String it w/ light gauge or Dean Markley Medium/Light gauge strings to avoid this, and pay attention to humidity.

According to Taki site - the woods are rosewood back & sides and cedar top ?

Takamine EN12C-12

I'm looking for this specific model of Takamine EN12C-12
I know is discontinued, any one selling this guitar
Please let me know
Thank you

Takamine EN12C12 for sale

I am selling my Takamine 12 string EN12C12 Made in Japan, not from one of its offshore places. I am in Canada. Where are you?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.