Schaller locking tuners for Left handed Strat

Posted by Jerry Todd on Sat, 08/26/00 - 06:57:21.

Can anyone tell me about fitting a left handed Strat (that I just purchased for my son) with Schaller locking tuners. I know from experience that they just drop in on the right handed model--is there a left handed set of tuners available, or are you just supposed to modify the headstock of the Strat to accept the right handed tuners. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Schaller locking tuners for Left handed Strat

: Can anyone tell me about fitting a left handed Strat (that I just purchased for my son) with Schaller locking tuners. I know from experience that they just drop in on the right handed model--is there a left handed set of tuners available, or are you just supposed to modify the headstock of the Strat to accept the right handed tuners. Any help would be appreciated!

Jerry I like your son am afflicted by this left handed guitar playing thing. I dont have an exact answer but i do know some resources you can check out. First I would look up Southpaw guitars online they are in texas and I would just call them up or E-mail them and throw -em the question. If you have a decent pro caliber store nearby they could probably make the call to fender for you but I would call them up yourself and cut to the chase. Also Shaller would be a good place to look. Find their number and call them.If they dont make a lefty version dont fret they are not the only ones making locking tuners. Also Call some guitar repair shops and see what they say!
good luck!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.