Takamine Mode No. E-9-0

Posted by Richard Balsam on Wed, 01/07/04 - 10:41:03.

Takamine Mode No. E-9-0 nylon string w/factory bug. this was purchased in 1982. i heard it was taken off the market due to the electronics. does anyone know the story? how about the value? anything would be a help! thanks!! richard

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Takamine Mode No. E-9-0

I have learned that this is a Takamine Hirade E90 and was made in June of 1982. It had an MSRP of $1,145.00 USD at that time. I would still like to find out its current value. Thank you! Richard

I have learned that this is a Takamine Hirade E90 and was made in June of 1982. It had an MSRP of $1,145.00 USD at that time. I would still like to find out its current value. Thank you! Richard

You may be interested to know that the Takamine E-90 was Laurindo Almeida's concert guitar, at least on his great 'Outra Vez' album released in 1992 (ref CCD-4497).

Takamine Mode No. E-9-0

I also have a Takamine Mode No. E-9-0 I purchased in the early 80s. I would also like to know the value.
Shelby

Takamine Guitar Model E-9-0

I also have a Takamine Hirade E-9-0 bought around 1984 and I love it's well balanced and powerful sound. I use Hannah Bach Medium High Tension strings. The only trouble I had was with the electronics of the pick-up and sound control case and had to replace it with another brand. I would like to know it's actual value.

Takamine E-9-0

I have a guitar on which the label says "E-9". It'sa Takamine. Bu all the characteristics of the guitar fit the E-9-0. It has a solid spruce top, what appears to be Indian Rosewood back and sides, ebony fretboard, and primitive electronics. I don't know if the electronics still work or ot. They did the last time I tried them but I rarely use them. Takamine has told me the guitar was made in 1982. I paid $400 for it about 10 years ago. It came with a hard case, and that included shipping. I've always been real pleased with it. The sound is fine and the projection is adequate for a 200-250 seat auditorium, maybe larger.

I thought I go it for a good price at the time. the more I'm learning about it now the more I think I may have gotten a steal.

And further information on this guitar anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.