Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Takamine Mode No. E-9-0

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Takamine Mode No. E-9-0 nylon string w/factory bug. this was purchased in 1982. i heard it was taken off the market due to the electronics. does anyone know the story? how about the value? anything would be a help! thanks!! richard

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Changing the battery in those old brown preamps can be a headache as you have to loosen the three low strings but their sound is very sweet and warm. In fact Crosby, Stills & Nash have installed these preamps on their beloved Martin guitars.

Anonymous

I have Takamine Luthier Mass HIRADE
      SERIAL NUMBER 83110575
      They are the best spanish electroacoustics ever made.!!!
      best 1A
      RODO

Anonymous

Bought this in the 80s. Great full body sound however the electronics could be better. The battery compartment had acid rust which a little vinegar took care of it.

Anonymous

I have this model guitar, Hirade E-9. My guitar teacher bought it new around 1982. I bought it from him in 1983. It was my first “real” classical guitar. I used it for gigs in a jazz quartet. Great guitar. Electronics was ok considering when it was made. The neck has bowed a little bit so the action is higher than what I want it to be. I have lowered the saddle as much as possible. Still plays great. I like it better than the Ramirez I previously owned. Wish I knew what it’s worth now.

Anonymous

If you have a Tak E90 don’t sell.They are the best spanish electroacoustics ever made.They were crafted in Mas Hirade’s workshop maybe even by himself.I’ve tried Ramirez,Alhambra,Taylor,Ovation,Godin and its like comparing a Toyota with a BMW.Even the new TH90 won’t beat the E90 in warmness,feeling and full sound.

Anonymous

I have a guitar on which the label says “E-9”. It’sa Takamine. Bu all the characteristics of the guitar fit the E-9-0. It has a solid spruce top, what appears to be Indian Rosewood back and sides, ebony fretboard, and primitive electronics. I don’t know if the electronics still work or ot. They did the last time I tried them but I rarely use them. Takamine has told me the guitar was made in 1982. I paid $400 for it about 10 years ago. It came with a hard case, and that included shipping. I’ve always been real pleased with it. The sound is fine and the projection is adequate for a 200-250 seat auditorium, maybe larger.

I thought I go it for a good price at the time. the more I’m learning about it now the more I think I may have gotten a steal.

And further information on this guitar anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I also have a Takamine Hirade E-9-0 bought around 1984 and I love it’s well balanced and powerful sound. I use Hannah Bach Medium High Tension strings. The only trouble I had was with the electronics of the pick-up and sound control case and had to replace it with another brand. I would like to know it’s actual value.

Anonymous

I also have a Takamine Mode No. E-9-0 I purchased in the early 80s. I would also like to know the value.
      Shelby

Anonymous

You may be interested to know that the Takamine E-90 was Laurindo Almeida’s concert guitar, at least on his great ‘Outra Vez’ album released in 1992 (ref CCD-4497).

Anonymous

I have learned that this is a Takamine Hirade E90 and was made in June of 1982. It had an MSRP of $1,145.00 USD at that time. I would still like to find out its current value. Thank you! Richard

Anonymous

I have learned that this is a Takamine Hirade E90 and was made in June of 1982. It had an MSRP of $1,145.00 USD at that time. I would still like to find out its current value. Thank you! Richard

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.