Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Truetone Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have just bought a Truetone guitar from a garage sale that I know nothing about, and I’m having problems finding info about it anywhere. Can anyone steer me to a web page that may be able to help me? [email protected] Thanx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I found a 1966 or 67 Truetone guitar in my attic.Is it worth anything?

Anonymous

I am trying to find out who made my first guitar in the late 50’s. The number inside is L6693 6856. On the other side it shows N2. I know it either came from Western Auto where my sister worked or Montgomery Wards or maybe Sears It has been missing for many years and just recovered. There is no name on the neck. Not sure if it ever had a name on it. Does anyone have any information about it

Anonymous

I have an old 50s/60s Truetone Dreadnaught.It s in mint shape. Just had it set up by Scott Morgan. It sounds very much like my 1959 D 18. I also have an early 60s Harmony Sovereign. Those old Chicago made guitar s sound great when expertly set up .

Anonymous

I have run across an acoustic truetone that has BOTH the f slots and the round hole beneath the frets- is this thing real– I wish i could get pics but i cant– hope someone knows something– thanks– George- [email protected]

Anonymous

The holes on your neck of your Guitar is for a Lectrolab Pick Up, I got a hollow body Truetone guitar and pick up that has the same set up. It sounds like the pick up is worth more than the Guitar?

Anonymous

My grandpappy gave me a true tone guitar and its like 40 years old and yehp i need money so do you think i can find out if this thign is worth money. so uhh let a botha know.

Anonymous

i have this really old Truetone guitar and it has a couple pieces missing and i was wondering if anyone might have a clue on where i can find information about this guitar or even pictures of one so i could possibly just make the pieces for it this information would be greatly appreciated sincerely, Roland sober

Anonymous

: I have just bought a Truetone guitar from a garage sale that I know nothing about, and I’m having problems finding info about it anywhere. Can anyone steer me to a web page that may be able to help me? [email protected] Thanx Truetones were made by several companies for Western Auto so it could be a Harmony, Kay, Danelectro… Look at my site http://www.comparethevalue.com at the Harmony pic’s and see if it’s there. If not, try looking up Kay guitars. Good luck billieg2

Anonymous

: : I have just bought a Truetone guitar from a garage sale that I know nothing about, and I’m having problems finding info about it anywhere. Can anyone steer me to a web page that may be able to help me? [email protected] Thanx : Truetones were made by several companies for Western Auto so it could be a Harmony, Kay, Danelectro… Look at my site http://www.comparethevalue.com : at the Harmony pic’s and see if it’s there. If not, try looking up Kay guitars. : Good luck : billieg2 I just recently bought a ’54 TrueTone in absolute mint condition for $250.00!! WOO HOO! Found out it was worth around $800.00 or more… Beautiful bound hollow body, Tobacco sunburst finish, single cutaway, three "funky-toaster-style" pickups, a four-way chicken beak pickup selector switch, six BIG honkin’ refrigerator vol/tone knobs, brass frets, hums like a 4,000 pound bitch elephant when you roll off the volume slightly. Not a single scratch on it. Found out that it was made by Kay, for the Sears & Roebuck Co., to be shipped to and sold by Western Auto Stores in the 50’s & 60’s. They sold for around $49.00. It’s built very solid (except for the ever-floating rosewood bridge), and frankly, I’d put these pickups against any Gibson P-90 for volume AND tone. If you have one, hold onto it. Definetly one of those "Where the hell did you get this??" instruments.

Anonymous

I have the exact same guitar just not in mint condition.the man that owned it played it alot.when he died his daughter gave it to me because we played alot together

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.