Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics univox serial number

• This topic has 24 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

how do i date my univox serial number

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

08/24/2023 hi just got back my first guitar i purchased new. A Univox Ripper HHH strat copy in natural. My plate reads 009074. Two people earlier had stated their guitars had same plate number. I would like to posit that these plate numbers are not serial numbers but instead build dates. Assuming this mine would have been made in september of 1974. Which would be in line with our purchase in 1975.

Anonymous

Hey All!

My husband passed away and I came across a Univox guitar. The serial number is 0052144. A date and value would be most appreciated!

Sheryl

Anonymous

I recently got a Univox electric guitar, it has a serial number of stp30705 I haven’t seen any other Univox guitars with letters like that, anyone know anything about it

Anonymous

Same story- cleaning and found my UNIVOX #1001303 just looking for date made and possible value

Anonymous

I’ve had this guitar from 1984, #0098977 looking to sell & have a few other guitar’s too.. any help would be great. Thanks

Anonymous

I have a Univox that appears to be a Les Paul copy. I got it around 1980 and was bought new. the serial number on the neck pale is 011266 and has JAPAN engraved. I would like to know when it was made. thanks

Anonymous

Serial number: 032590
      What’s it worth and what year was it manufactured?
      I received as a gift and don’t know if I should sell or keep

Anonymous

I’d like to find out i there is a decoder too I have what appears to be an early serial number on my Uni LP. 000809

Anonymous

I picked up a univox acoustic guitar. Model number u3045. Serial number 5244. Made in Japan. That’s all I know. Anybody got any information for me?

Anonymous

the serial number on my Hi Flier phase 3 is 012777. How old is my guitar? It was a gift from a co worker. It plays great needs a new nut and some new strings. I just got through stripping everything off of it and cleaning it then polishing it up.

Anonymous

Les Paul style electric guitar, how can I find out what date it was made.
      Guitar is in great condition

Serial number is 0126427

Made in Japan of course

Anonymous

Hi I just got this guitar, the serial number is 1016915…. It’s a Les Paul style and I don’t know anything about it. I was hoping somebody could help me out.

Anonymous

I have a Univox 12 string hollow body with the serial number 2164565. I just need to know more about them

Anonymous

I WENT INSIDE A PAWN SHOP IN NEWARK 21 YEARS AGO AND FOUND MY UNIVOX STRAT RIPPER .
      IT WAS THE BEST $225 DOLLARS I HAVE EVER SPENT . IT’S MY FAVORITE GUITAR , AND I WANTED TO SEE IF I COULD FIND ANOTHER ONE .
      I FOUND 4 FOR SALE ON EBAY RANGING FROM $700 TO $900 .
      I ALSO HAVE A MOSRITE STYLE BASS THAT I PAID $150 FOR . I LOVE THE SOUND OF IT , AND IT WAS IN PRISTINE CONDITION . {still is }
      I’M GONNA HANG ON TO THESE FOREVER , I HAVE GOTTEN SEVERAL OFFERS FOR BOTH AND HAVE TURNED THEM DOWN .

Anonymous

I have a white 6 string univox for sale for 400

Anonymous

Is this still for sale?????

Anonymous

Hi there. Is any real database about UNIVOX serial numbers. I just bought one in NYC and i’d love to know more about her (i called her Sylvia).
      Its a Custom 355 copy made in Japan.
      Any help will be great!
      Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Just wanting to see what year I have, it’s a Univox custom, has steel adjustable neck made in Japan, double pickups, Rhythm treble switch, gold or sunburst with a dark neck and eight phrets the serial# 0127022 if anyone can tell me what year I’d appreciate it. Thanks

Anonymous

This great-looking guitar has been in my family for 40 years but never played, I guess cause we’re all acoustic-oriented. (except that I play electric bass)
      Only info on guitar is steel plate on back reading:
      Steel Adjustable Neck
      Anybody?

Anonymous

HOLY COW! I was searching for serial number information on a 12 string I just purchased, and the serial number (2176469) matched yours!!! Ha ha. What are the chances that the serial number I’m trying to date was yours exactly? Anyway, if you would, I’d love to hear about the history of the guitar a little bit. I just took it apart and reattached the neck this month to improve the neck angle and lift the bridge off the guitar a bit. Anyway, if you’d email me I’d appreciate it. If not, then that’s ok too. Thanks!

– Jason Ross
        [email protected]
        King City, California

Anonymous

Year/Model/etc.

Anonymous

Someone just gave me a 1970s Univox guitar made in Japan with the serial number 035576. Does anybody know about this guitar. It’s a Sunburst color with a Hardtail. It’s kind a cool I’m just curious about it like where it’s made exactly how many were made if it’s worth anything

Anonymous

CAND FIND IT 6 STRING VERSION OR THE HEADSTOCK, FOUND A 12 STRING EXACTLY LIKE IT THEY CALL IT A BIZARRE MYSTRY, BUT THE HEADSTOCK IS DIFFERENT, CAN YOU HELP ME OUT, THE BACK PLATE SAYS -STEEL REINFORCED NECK made in japan #2122649

Anonymous

: how do i date my univox serial number this guitar I bought for $70.00 when I was in Jr. High school. I haven’t played it in almost 30 years. My wife stuck it down in the basement and the hardware on it pitted. I have just finished buying all new hardware for it and I am getting ready to put it all back together. While I was takeing it apart I started thinking about the history of Univox and the year of this guitar. I you have a way to look it up that would be greatThank you for your time

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.