dating silvertone guitar(?)

Posted by Haz Dukes on Thu, 12/28/00 - 16:43:23.

I was wondering about a guitar i just bought. An old Silvertone made in the U.S., red sunburst, model # 319.12109. Any help out there on year and/or other info??

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: dating silvertone guitar(?)

I purchased a brand new Silvertone Acoustic guitar, model number 319.12109, from a Sears store in Birmingham, Alabama in the summer of 1968. It has a sunburst finish with white trim. My guess is that your guitar is also from the mid to late 1960s. I still have my Silvertone and it sounds pretty darn good for a cheap guitar that's 34 years old. My grandkids have treated in pretty rough and it has held together well. Sears sells tough stuff!

Re: dating silvertone guitar(?)

Hi, did you ever get any info on that silvertone ? someone's offering to sell me the same guitar and i'd love to know more about it. thanks a lot,
steve

: I was wondering about a guitar i just bought. An old Silvertone made in the U.S., red sunburst, model # 319.12109. Any help out there on year and/or other info??

50s Silvertone

Can anyone help me with the model of this Silvertone and where I can find a pickup and a bridge. 3609h1326 I believe it is a 1326 but I can't find any images of a 1326 with 2 pickups and only 2 knobs. I'm bringing it back to original condition for my 75 year old uncle

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.