Guild acoustic

Posted by Phil Slates on Wed, 07/14/04 - 11:49:49.

I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25's. Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Guild acoustic

Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar?

: I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25's. Thanks!

Nope, not cutaway, from the front it looks just like a D25, I am assuming the D is for Dreadnought, the body style. The only thing different that I see is the back is curved rather than flat (C for curved???)
Phil

: Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar?

: : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25's. Thanks!

Try this site: http://www.gibson.com/relations/faq.html#_9._How_can

good luck....

: Nope, not cutaway, from the front it looks just like a D25, I am assuming the D is for Dreadnought, the body style. The only thing different that I see is the back is curved rather than flat (C for curved???)
: Phil

:
: : Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar?

: : : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25's. Thanks!

Try this site: sorry, wrong site....
good luck....

: Nope, not cutaway, from the front it looks just like a D25, I am assuming the D is for Dreadnought, the body style. The only thing different that I see is the back is curved rather than flat (C for curved???)
: Phil

:
: : Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar?

: : : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25's. Thanks!

The "C" in the Guild D25C represents the chery finish that your model has.

: Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar?

: : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25's. Thanks!

: I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25's. Thanks!

HELLO!
My favorite guitar in the under $2000 range. I also have a Guild D-25c purchased new in 1975. The "C" stands for CHERRY. There was also a D-25M (Mahogony).
The mahongony 'red' is darker than the cherry red d-25c. The tone of the d-25c has also been much nicer guitar. It is louder and more balanced. Much brighter sound than the D-25M. I think 'cherry' is simply spruce with cherry stain (or a type of cherry wood??).....the mahogony is mahogony backs and I think spruce top. But the C is definately for CHERRY. I have the original Guild booklet describing it as such.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.