Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics JERRY GARCIA GUITAR (S)

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar). I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up. If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me. Thanks.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar). : I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up. : If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me. : Thanks. ya doug irwin customized the guitars for jerry

Anonymous

Does anybody have any pictures of his missing guitar(s)? Made by Doug Irwin?

Anonymous

check here: http://lawromaine.com/id20.htm for doug irwin’s attorneys view of this court battle. jerry’s will is clear. the guitars belong to irwin!

Anonymous

If you want some good information on Doug Irwin, got to the Modulus Guitars site and click on artists, then click on Bob Weir’s thumbnail pic, then click on "letter from the Grateful Dead". You will be surprised at the info on Doug Irwin (builder of Jerry Garcia’s guitars) "The Wolf" and "The Tiger". Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
      Tooltime Tim
      : : Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar).
      : : I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up.
      : : If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me.
      : : Thanks.

:
      : Actually I just built myself one cause one of the guys that built Jerry’s is dead and the other noone ever hears from.

: Steve Cripe built "lightning Bolt" and "Top Hat" for Garcia. He’s dead.
      : Doug Irwin built the original ones "Rosebud " and " Tiger"

: You can tell which is which by the cover plate that hides Jerry’s midi controls.

: And all you who say Garcia was crap FUCK OFF!!

Anonymous

: If you want some good information on Doug Irwin, got to the Modulus Guitars site and click on artists, then I think I have the third guitar after tiger. does anyone know how to get inn touch with doug irwin?

Anonymous

Alembic built (builds) the "WOLF" and Irwin did the mods. And they built the "Orange Osage" bass for Lesh. Been up there plenty of times, great people. : If you want some good information on Doug Irwin, got to the Modulus Guitars site and click on artists, then click on Bob Weir’s thumbnail pic, then click on "letter from the Grateful Dead". You will be surprised at the info on Doug Irwin (builder of Jerry Garcia’s guitars) "The Wolf" and "The Tiger". Let me know what you think. : Thanks, : Tooltime Tim : : : Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar). : : : I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up. : : : If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me. : : : Thanks. : : : : Actually I just built myself one cause one of the guys that built Jerry’s is dead and the other noone ever hears from. : : Steve Cripe built "lightning Bolt" and "Top Hat" for Garcia. He’s dead. : : Doug Irwin built the original ones "Rosebud " and " Tiger" : : You can tell which is which by the cover plate that hides Jerry’s midi controls. : : And all you who say Garcia was crap FUCK OFF!!

Anonymous

Alembic built (builds) the "WOLF" and Irwin did the mods. And they built the "Orange Osage" bass for Lesh. Been up there plenty of times, great people. : If you want some good information on Doug Irwin, got to the Modulus Guitars site and click on artists, then click on Bob Weir’s thumbnail pic, then click on "letter from the Grateful Dead". You will be surprised at the info on Doug Irwin (builder of Jerry Garcia’s guitars) "The Wolf" and "The Tiger". Let me know what you think. : Thanks, : Tooltime Tim : : : Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar). : : : I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up. : : : If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me. : : : Thanks. : : : : Actually I just built myself one cause one of the guys that built Jerry’s is dead and the other noone ever hears from. : : Steve Cripe built "lightning Bolt" and "Top Hat" for Garcia. He’s dead. : : Doug Irwin built the original ones "Rosebud " and " Tiger" : : You can tell which is which by the cover plate that hides Jerry’s midi controls. : : And all you who say Garcia was crap FUCK OFF!!

Anonymous

There is currently a lawsuit going on whereby Doug Irwin is claiming the rights to Garcia’s guitars. Anyone have any info about this?

: : Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar).
      : : I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up.
      : : If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me.
      : : Thanks.

:
      : Actually I just built myself one cause one of the guys that built Jerry’s is dead and the other noone ever hears from.

: Steve Cripe built "lightning Bolt" and "Top Hat" for Garcia. He’s dead.
      : Doug Irwin built the original ones "Rosebud " and " Tiger"

: You can tell which is which by the cover plate that hides Jerry’s midi controls.

: And all you who say Garcia was crap FUCK OFF!!

Anonymous

Please E-mail me if anyone can tell me the history behind Jerry’s Wolf Guitar; Schematics, wood used, pick-ups, Knobs, Selector switches. Please help me I want to know who built it and how I can get in touch with them about building me a Lefy handed 1!!!!

Anonymous

: Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar).
      : I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up.
      : If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me.
      : Thanks.

Actually I just built myself one cause one of the guys that built Jerry’s is dead and the other noone ever hears from.

Steve Cripe built "lightning Bolt" and "Top Hat" for Garcia. He’s dead.
      Doug Irwin built the original ones "Rosebud " and " Tiger"

You can tell which is which by the cover plate that hides Jerry’s midi controls.

And all you who say Garcia was crap FUCK OFF!!

Anonymous

Resurrection Guitars in Florida builds exact replicas of Steve Cripe’s "Lightning Bolt" – – the guitar that Jerry used for the last couple of years prior to his passing (he used "Rosebud" and "Tiger" on the last tour because "Lightning Bolt" was in the shop). Resurrection builds the guitars with permission from Mr. Cripe’s estate and family so they are dead-on duplicates. You can have them customized in any way you like. The retail price for a new "Lightning Bolt" is between $5000 and $6500 depending upon the various options available. I ordered one in October, 2002 and will have it in July, 2003. Alembic now makes purported replicas of "Wolf" (the original Doug Irwin guitar made for Jerry) and "Tiger" – – the Irwin guitar that weighed a ton and remained Jerry’s main guitar for about 11 years before Irwin built "Rosebud." The Alembic copies are vaguely reminicent of Irwin’s work, but they aren’t really close to accurate replicas of Garcia’s "Irwin" guitars. Reviews are mixed as to their playability and tone as well. : : Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars?

Anonymous

They were built by Doug Irwin. He is currently in the process of establishing a luthier’s school at the expense of selling Jerry’s "Tiger" & "Wolf." He was the owner of the guitars after Jerry passed away. No he is not dead (in rebuttal to one of the guy’s response on this website). Aaron Vogler : : Does anyone know who manufactured Jerry Garcia’s guitars? (The ones that look like a wolf’s head with cropped ears as the cutaways). (Phil Lesh had a bass that looked similar). : : I know there were a few different ones he used. They all had 3 pickups and his 2-cable output jack set up. : : If anyone has any information, I would appreciate if they could e-mail it to me. : : Thanks. : : Actually I just built myself one cause one of the guys that built Jerry’s is dead and the other noone ever hears from. : Steve Cripe built "lightning Bolt" and "Top Hat" for Garcia. He’s dead. : Doug Irwin built the original ones "Rosebud " and " Tiger" : You can tell which is which by the cover plate that hides Jerry’s midi controls. : And all you who say Garcia was crap FUCK OFF!!

Anonymous

: They are crap anyway

Gee, thanks for enlightening me. I wonder how I made it this long without your advice.

Anonymous

hahaha that’s some funny stuff. Maybe the young lad lad will get the point some day… Check out Dick’s Pick’s Vol.3 Pembroke Lines FL 5-22-77 for some nice Psychedelic relish. : : They are crap anyway : Gee, thanks for enlightening me. I wonder how I made it this long without your advice.

Anonymous

: : They are crap anyway : Gee, thanks for enlightening me. I wonder how I made it this long without your advice. You are on glue buddy!!!! Must have been raised on the radio. IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: : They are crap anyway : Gee, thanks for enlightening me. I wonder how I made it this long without your advice. : So what kind of idiot would post such a message as "they are crap anyway." This person obviously has no understanding as to the nature of harmonics and the desire to obtain good tone through an electrified instrument. I suspect this person cannot play an instrument and has no appreciation for those who do.

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

They are crap anyway

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.