cimar eletric guitar

Posted by mr.cimar on Sat, 07/31/04 - 02:39:11.

hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: cimar eletric guitar

never heard of them, but they sound like a jap copy firm, is it made in japan?

: hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars?

Hi There.
I bought one Cimar Strat copy back in 1977 brand new. sunburst with mapleneck. It played very nice,and had a Fender 70ties large headstock. it had a threeway pickup switch as I can recall

: : hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars?

: Hi There.
: I bought one Cimar Strat copy back in 1977 brand new. sunburst with mapleneck. It played very nice,and had a Fender 70ties large headstock. it had a threeway pickup switch as I can recall
the picups were not the best i`ve heard, but the overall quality was just as good as a tokai or ibanez from that time period
I should never have sold it

I do remember them. In particular, I remember the 'stinger' bass and guitar series which were, roughly speaking, stratocaster and precision bass copies. If I remember correctly, Cimar was a 'budget' line made by Ibanez.

: hey, is there anyone who can guide or tell me about the early make of cimar guitars?

Hi,My first elect guitar was a Cimar LP juniour made in japan,good quality ,great sound,new in 1976.Played in a band with it after finishing school.Have still got it and pulled it out of the shed a couple of years ago , to me it has improved more with age . I am currently refurbishing it for my daughter.I read a few guitar mags and quite frankly im sick of hearing about old fenders ,its getting a bit like Marcia,Marcia,Marcia.We know they are a good thing but there are other great guitars around.Anyway thats my 2 cents worth,as for the history of Cimar I can't help you but I would like to Know myself ,so any info you can pass on to me if you like .Thanks . Peter.

Cimar Stinger bass

I played a Cimar stinger bass in the 70's and 80's. Just managed to buy an old one and am busy stripping it and doing a bit of paint customising (I am a Scot living in Holland so will be putting a bit of home into it) !!!!!!
Great guitars really for the price
Bill

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.