help me identify this guitar

Posted by Brian D. on Tue, 09/14/04 - 02:51:23.

I have what looks to be a Gibson hollow body electric knock off. It has Realistic (as in radio shack) as the brand name on the head stock. It is cherry wood red with black highlights, two pickups and a tail stock that has a triangular piece of oak with an elongated
diamond in the center made of a rough finish metal. Two pickups with individual tone and volume controlls and three position togle all at the lower quarter of the box. The wammy bar is gone (spring type). The Bridge floats. The edge of the box is accented with a white broken line. The breaks are about an eighth of an inch long as are the line segments. I talked to a Radio shack dealer who has been around for 31 years and he said in that time Radio shack never sold a guitar with the Realistic name. Any Ideas what I have?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: help me identify this guitar

: I have what looks to be a Gibson hollow body electric knock off. It has Realistic (as in radio shack) as the brand name on the head stock. It is cherry wood red with black highlights, two pickups and a tail stock that has a triangular piece of oak with an elongated
: diamond in the center made of a rough finish metal. Two pickups with individual tone and volume controlls and three position togle all at the lower quarter of the box. The wammy bar is gone (spring type). The Bridge floats. The edge of the box is accented with a white broken line. The breaks are about an eighth of an inch long as are the line segments. I talked to a Radio shack dealer who has been around for 31 years and he said in that time Radio shack never sold a guitar with the Realistic name. Any Ideas what I have?

You have perfectly described a guitar that I purchased in 1967 at the Granite City, Illinois Radio Shack. The only difference is that the whammy bar is still intact...in fact the guitar sounds like new. I attempted to research this guitar and was told by the Tandy Corp in Texas that the have no record of this instrument.

Mine looks great but the neck is mush. I took the fret board off and the truss road is rusted bad. The electronics are ok except one of the volumes is failing. I am thinking of doing the repairs regardless of what it does to the collective value. It looks good and sounds good it just plays realy bad

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.