• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i have a guitar that i want to find out more about. on the head, it says GEM. on the back of the head it has 2 stickers, 1 is "made in korea" and the other "wo. 21278". i was wondering when this guitar was made/any other information about it. maybe even if its worth anything at all.

please email me with any information. thank you!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have an old Gem myself and can find anything on it online. The guitar seems way older than just the 80s. I love the way that the back of the neck still has a strip of bark from the tree they made it from. Also the ivory keys are Kool as well.
      Unfortunately my. Daughter went into the room one day and pulled it from the wall and it kind of shattered a part of it. That’s one of the reasons why I thought it might be older was because of how brittle the wood is.
      I was wondering if they hold any value too them. If it’s worth repairing or not

Anonymous

: i have a guitar that i want to find out more about. on the head, it says GEM. on the back of the head it has 2 stickers, 1 is "made in korea" and the other "wo. 21278". i was wondering when this guitar was made/any other information about it. maybe even if its worth anything at all. : please email me with any information. thank you!! Reply: perhaps you have one of the original Gem guitars (nice name!) dating prior to around 1987 when Ibanez bought the company for the sake of the name "Jem" which they put on artist Steve Vai’s line of guitars. It’s not too long of a story, all can be found on the history of the Jem guitar and it’s name at http://www.jemsite.com. Jem Guy Andrew, Rockitsciencelabs, Advanced Guitar Tech

Anonymous

I know when I was in the 6th grade in 1979 a Gem spelled like that was my first guitar

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.