Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Any White US Strat in 2001?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi. I bought a brand new "New American Stratocaster" in 2001 with all the correct features, except the colour is Olympic White. This was from a dealer in Canada who acquired the guitar from Fender in Corona, USA. I have been trying to get an explanation as to why or how it got to be this colour, which I chose intentionally because the Manufacturer’s catalogues showed the colour as "not offered" in either the US or Canada, with the introduction of the New American Series. Furthermore, while Fender advertised appropriate Red, White & Blue models to promote the New American Series introduction, there was no white at all, not even Polar (or is it Arctic?) white Strats accessible to Canada.

The manufacturer has failed to provide any information, as they have similarly failed to communicate anything since 1972, when I first acquired any & many of their guitars.

But, I recently got info from Sam Ash (chain of US dealers) that Olympic White Strats are in stock NOW. But what about in 2001? Anybody got any ideas, info or experiences?

Thanks, Canada’s Strat Man Dwight

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

my friend had a 68 jap reissue in olympic white. he bought it in 2000 at trade show, was a Jap though, fantastic guitar.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.