Wants to find a Vicente Tatay Guitar

Posted by Norma Wilman on Wed, 10/27/04 - 11:35:30.

Please, I am looking for a place in the USA that sells Vicente Tatay Tomas Classical Guitar. Can you help me.

Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Wants to find a Vicente Tatay Guitar

There are no dealers on the Worldwide web, or in the US that I actually know of. Still ... there could be some. Easy route, contact Mandolin Bros. in New York or Elderly Instruments in Michigan. It is also possible to contact the builder himself, directly. Address on web. Any problems, post new question. Strat Man Dwight

I am the owner of a Vicente Tatay classical guitar made circa 1960, in Spain. It was made by hand and is considered a grand concert guitar. The back and sides are made of Hawaiian koa wood. This guitar is feather light in weight. There is a small "ding" on the side and a few minor scratches on the top where it was "tapped" by the previous owner. It had a crack in the top which was beautifully repaired many years ago and has held up perfectly. The sound this guitar makes is incredible; full, round and even. The trebles are bright and the bass notes do not drown out the trebles. (I use light LaBella strings). I am considering selling this beautiful instrument because I just purchased a Jose Ramirez SP made of rosewood and cedar. If you are interested in it, please let me know. Beth Bivona

Hi Beth,
Ik have also Vicente Tatay Tómas model Vitato,
Can you tell me more about this guitars?
I think my guitar is from year 70's.
Many bad cracks in top.
it play's nice and the soun is amazing. The guitar is a 3/4 modell. Can i get a foto off your guitar?
With friendly regards
Art
Netherlands

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.