Rickenbacker Pick Up Modification Question

Posted by Ed on Mon, 01/22/01 - 17:16:16.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a Rickenbacker 360 6 string guitar and I wanted to get a louder cleaner sound from it. Is there a Seymour Duncan Pick up that I should check out? Also, are the stock pick ups of a rickenbacker the same size as a Gibson style humbucker? Please help.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Rickenbacker Pick Up Modification Question

: Only Ricknbacker PU's will be direct swap outs. Duncans and mini humbuckers will all require some drilling or routing. Gibson humbuckers are way too big.
If you want, try the vintage re-issue pick-ups(commonly called toaster tops). They give a loud, clean jangle. They are now discontinued but you can find them.(check Gbase.com). Rickenbacker makes a humbucker that will fit your guit. If you don't want them, sell your guitar and buy something else. Don't carve it up unless you really like it and don't plan on selling it. Yes, I am a Rick lover...

Re: Rickenbacker Pick Up Modification Question

Thanks for the info!!

: : Only Ricknbacker PU's will be direct swap outs. Duncans and mini humbuckers will all require some drilling or routing. Gibson humbuckers are way too big.
: If you want, try the vintage re-issue pick-ups(commonly called toaster tops). They give a loud, clean jangle. They are now discontinued but you can find them.(check Gbase.com). Rickenbacker makes a humbucker that will fit your guit. If you don't want them, sell your guitar and buy something else. Don't carve it up unless you really like it and don't plan on selling it. Yes, I am a Rick lover...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.