Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Guitar Aesthetics

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 1983 Martin D-35. It is a beautiful instrument although it has some light varnish cracks, light pick scratches, one small front side ding and a couple of belt buckle scratches on the back side. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations as to what could be done for the scratches or other defects?

The sound of the guitar is enormous. It also happens to be a 150th year guitar does that mean anything special other then it happened to be made in 1983?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Lee Fisk

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Hi all, : I recently purchased a 1983 Martin D-35. It is a beautiful instrument although it has some light varnish cracks, light pick scratches, one small front side ding and a couple of belt buckle scratches on the back side. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations as to what could be done for the scratches or other defects? : The sound of the guitar is enormous. It also happens to be a 150th year guitar does that mean anything special other then it happened to be made in 1983? : Thanks in advance for your responses. : -Lee Fisk FWIW, I dropped by the local AMRC (Authorized Martin Repair Center) today. Peter, the guitar repair guy, said he would buff most of the flaws out. Cost is about $40. I’m anxious to see what the guitar looks like afterwards. -Lee Fisk

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.