Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics 1940 gibson ES-300 pickup !!!!! HELP !!!!!

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a1940 gibson ES-300 that needs a new pickup.I have been trying to fine someone that can make this pickup for me with no luck. Or repair this one. The pickup is about 6" long. gibson has not made this pickup for years and can not help me. !!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have a1940 gibson ES-300 that needs a new pickup.I have been trying to fine someone that can make this pickup for me with no luck. Or repair this one. The pickup is about 6" long. gibson has not made this pickup for years and can not help me. !!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!! IS IT A METAL COVERED PICKUP WITH 6 POLE PIECES AND A CENTRAL RIDGE JP

Anonymous

I just looked up a 1945 ES-300. The pick up on it is a P-90, AKA Soapbar pickup, it has what’s known as a dogear pickup cover. These pickups are still made by Gibson, and replicas are made by Seymour-Duncan (and probably other manufacturers too). Good luck

: I have a1940 gibson ES-300 that needs a new pickup.I have been trying to fine someone that can make this pickup for me with no luck. Or repair this one. The pickup is about 6" long. gibson has not made this pickup for years and can not help me. !!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!

Anonymous

: Try Cold Spring Electrical works. They have a lot of old PU’s and electronics. That’s a pretty nice old guitar, your next step would be to contact a shop that specializes in archtop jazz guitars.
      Try Gbase.com. They have lots of dealers and repair shops listed. you can search by state.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.