Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Burns / Baldwin Vibraslim Semi Acoustic

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Guys

Hoping for some help on this one……….

I’ve got a Burns or Baldwin Vibraslim Semi Acoustic which I want to use as a back up to my gigging Gibson. I’ve trawled the net but come up with little information, especially as the colour is ( I think) unusual – the closest I can describe it is a Trans Amber as seen on the latest Les Paul Standard but slightly lighter. It’s a great guitar and when both pick ups are in use, the sound is similar, if not louder, than the Les Paul

I picked it up in 1981 for £5 (!) but for years didn’t use it because:

a) It didn’t sound right ( later discovered it was the cheap amp I was using at the time and not the guitar)

b) It didn’t look like a Strat or Les Paul ( hey, I was young!!)

Any info at all would be appreciated – there is a serial number of 21655 on it – Made In England.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Guys : Hoping for some help on this one………. : I’ve got a Burns or Baldwin Vibraslim Semi Acoustic which I want to use as a back up to my gigging Gibson. I’ve trawled the net but come up with little information, especially as the colour is ( I think) unusual – the closest I can describe it is a Trans Amber as seen on the latest Les Paul Standard but slightly lighter. It’s a great guitar and when both pick ups are in use, the sound is similar, if not louder, than the Les Paul : I picked it up in 1981 for £5 (!) but for years didn’t use it because: : a) It didn’t sound right ( later discovered it was the cheap amp I was using at the time and not the guitar) : b) It didn’t look like a Strat or Les Paul ( hey, I was young!!) : Any info at all would be appreciated – there is a serial number of 21655 on it – Made In England. Hi Rhys, I have a 1965 Burns/Baldwin catalog on my website VintAxe.com. The catalog features the Vibraslim and should be a good source of information for you. SB

Anonymous

: : Guys : : Hoping for some help on this one………. : : I’ve got a Burns or Baldwin Vibraslim Semi Acoustic which I want to use as a back up to my gigging Gibson. I’ve trawled the net but come up with little information, especially as the colour is ( I think) unusual – the closest I can describe it is a Trans Amber as seen on the latest Les Paul Standard but slightly lighter. It’s a great guitar and when both pick ups are in use, the sound is similar, if not louder, than the Les Paul : : I picked it up in 1981 for £5 (!) but for years didn’t use it because: : : a) It didn’t sound right ( later discovered it was the cheap amp I was using at the time and not the guitar) : : b) It didn’t look like a Strat or Les Paul ( hey, I was young!!) : : Any info at all would be appreciated – there is a serial number of 21655 on it – Made In England. : Hi Rhys, : I have a 1965 Burns/Baldwin catalog on my website VintAxe.com. The catalog features the Vibraslim and should be a good source of information for you. SB Thanks for this – I’ll take a look! Rhys

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.