Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics T.Haruo Model 100 Guitar 1976

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Haruo guitar and can’t find anything about the manufacturer so would appreciate anything I can get..I looks and sounds like a Martin D45 with lots of mother of pearl trim… with a tree of life on the fret board.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just picked up a t-80, love the inlay on the neck. I now have a t_0,t-80 and a t-150

Anonymous

I received the T-150 and it does have a ebony fretboard. The T-40 sounds a little brighter and the T-150 sounds a little fuller. They both are loud and sound great, I definitely will be keeping both of them.

Anonymous

I will soon have the answer to my earlier question, does the T-150 have a ebony fretboard. I just purchased a T-150 one hour ago. I saw it on ebay and sent a message, with an offer, to the seller asking if he would be willing to sell it now. He agreed, so I purchased it through paypal. He ended the listing and he will be sending it to me on Monday, for which I should be receiving it by Friday of next week. I can’t wait to play it. I love the sound of my T-40 and everything that I have read about the T-150 tells me that it can only sound better. Which guitar will now be my favorite, the 1964 Gibson J-45, 1980 T.Haruo T-40 or the T. Haruo T-150?
      If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will post some pictures of them all.

Anonymous

I just thought that I would add to my last comment. I just purchased a 1980 T. Haruo in excellent condition from a pawn shop for $300.00. I was able to pay $50.00 cash and the rest in power tools, which I did not need or use. The T. Haruo sounds so full and loud.
      I have a number of guitars and my 1964 Gibson J-45,which I picked up in 1971, has always been my favorite guitar. Now it is hard to say which is my favorite, the Gibson or the T. Haruo. I guess that I will have to say,from now on, that I have two guitars that are my favorite.

Anonymous

Does the T-150 have a ebony fretboard?

Anonymous

I have three T. Haruo guitars. A T80 six string, a T80-12 twelve string, and a T150. I have two Martins, and a very old 1941 Gibson. By far the best range of tone, volume of sound, and easy of play come from the T. Haruo girls. Not to mention beauty of these guitars are crazy. I was gifted my first as a pre-teenager in 1976. Although I do play from time to time, I have family members whose skills are unrivaled from a professional level down. Their gear has always been the best quality, and set ups. Not once have I heard an acoustic guitar that surpasses the tones from the T. Haruos.

Anonymous

I recently picked up a (approx 1975) T100 from a guy who couldn’t sell it on Ebay for $600. The way I look at it is that its a very well made guitar with all the cool trimming that plays great. I’ve learned a little about these guitars thru google and it is kind of a cool little story, but the bottom line is I couldn’t replace it for what I would have to sell it for. So, I’ll just keep it and really enjoy playing it. Since there seems to be no difinative(please excuse my poor spelling) price guides for these guitars, I would guess you’d have to lump it in with all the other finely made Japanese guitars of that era….

Anonymous

Do you still have the guitar, and if so would you be interested in selling it?

Thanks, Jack

Anonymous

These guitars were made by Terada in Japan in the late 70s early 80s. The T100 AND 150 have macassar ebony back & sides. I have a T100 and would buy another one if the price was right. (;

I just started a facebook page if you want to post pics or discuss the guitars.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/T-Haruo-Guitars/391482014217312

Anonymous

: I have a Haruo guitar and can’t find anything about the manufacturer so would appreciate anything I can get.. I bought the T Haruo Handcrafted 1976 Model 80 For 125$ in Very good condition. With frendly regards Danny

Anonymous

I also have a T. Haruo. Its a handcrafted T-40 with the tree of life by the tuning pegs. Anybody ever find any info on these? : I have a Haruo guitar and can’t find anything about the manufacturer so would appreciate anything I can get..I looks and sounds like a Martin D45 with lots of mother of pearl trim… with a tree of life on the fret board.

Anonymous

: I have a Haruo guitar and can’t find anything about the manufacturer so would appreciate anything I can get..I looks and sounds like a Martin D45 with lots of mother of pearl trim… with a tree of life on the fret board.
      i have one myself and am in the process of trying to find info from a teacher in japan.
      when(if) i hear anything, i’d be glad to pass it along. i’ve been loooking for quite a while tryign to get info but no luck so far.
      what a great guitar!

Anonymous

: : I have a Haruo guitar and can’t find anything about the manufacturer so would appreciate anything I can get..I looks and sounds like a Martin D45 with lots of mother of pearl trim… with a tree of life on the fret board. : i have one myself and am in the process of trying to find info from a teacher in japan. : when(if) i hear anything, i’d be glad to pass it along. i’ve been loooking for quite a while tryign to get info but no luck so far. : what a great guitar! I have the same guitar that you’re talking about also. I remember that they used to sell this guitar at a place called Redlands music in Redlands California. I think that’s the name of the place. I’ll have to check. If we find out more about the T.Haruo model 100 guitar we can tell each other about it or you can e mail me at [email protected]

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.