Rees Electric Guitars introduces the T3 Guitar
This guitar has been designed for those who want all three of the authentic 1954 single coil sounds, as well as powerful modern humbucker versions of that charismatic bright twang and grit. Since the 1970s, replacing the neck single coil pickup of T like guitars with a humbucker has been a popular customization. But such guitars then suffer from the loss of the original neck pickup voice. The humbucker tends to sound like a different voice. The T3 overcomes these problems by using 3 vintage replica single coil pickups, and using them with innovative control circuits to create both vintage correct T voices and closely related fuller humbucker voices.
An original designed body of selected korina or mahogany hard tone-woods features a wrap-around bridge providing longer sustain and rich woody tone. The scratch-plate is 6mm solid figured maple, not cheap plastic, creating more musical resonance with long sustain as well as beauty. During development a vintage "ash-tray" style bridge was tried and had inferior sustain and tone to the chosen wraparound bridge.
The T3 has 3 different voice modes. In each mode there are 3 different pickup selections from neck to bridge.
1) Vintage compatible. The neck and/or bridge pickups are used. The middle pickup is not used. The voices will be familiar 1950s style, using accurately constructed vintage replica pickups.
2) Phased coils. The middle pickup is added out-of-phase to the neck and/or bridge pickups. Good for special effects.
3) Humbuckers. The middle pickup is added in serial humbucker manner to the neck and/or bridge pickups. This provides 3 bright T-like sounds, but with more power, longer sustain, fuller fatter tone, and more punch. It is considerably more convincing than simply replacing the neck single-coil pickup with a conventional humbucker. (Several different humbuckers were tried during development).
T3 Features:- Tone like a 1950s two single coil guitar and/or a high power humbucking evolution.
- Solid korina body with figured maple front-plate for string balance and ultimate tone.
- Wrap-around bridge for longer sustain.
- Seymour Duncan vintage 1954 compatible pickups.
- Fender LSR Roller nut for tuning ease and accuracy, and string weight tolerance.
- Vintage compatible / Humbucker / Phased-coil switch provides a wide range of vintage and modern tones.
- Choice of korina stain colours, maple figuring, fret-board woods, nitrocellulose or high-tech lacquer.
- Available now, price $1650 or £825
Share This Article
Electric Guitar Guides
The Best Electric Guitars Under $500
These are the best budget friendly electric guitars starting from just $110. Not only will you sound good playing these - you'll look good too!
The Best Electric Guitars Under $1000
The $1000 price range is the sweet spot for finding great guitars with exceptional value. The guitars listed here have tone, features and specifications that matches, if not rival, more expensive models.
The Best Hollow Body Guitar Brands
Here are the best hollow body guitars that will be sure to catch your attention with their classic looks and their acclaimed warm and clean tones.
Best Semi Hollow Body Guitar
Based on our experience and research, these are the stand-out semi hollow body brands & models, elegant instruments that deliver great sounding versatile tones.
The Best Electric Guitar Kits To Build
Tired of the same production line guitars that everybody's using? Standout from the crowd by building your own personalized instrument.