Problems with my floyd rose system!

Posted by Dirk Tomlinson on Fri, 07/06/01 - 00:59:17.

I just bought a Jackson with a locking tremolo and it has been giving me trouble. I get it in tune perfectly.play a few riffs and its out of tune again.I dont know what the problem is. Pleese gimmi some help.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Problems with my floyd rose system!

well, dont worry, your problem is very common. You have to calibrate the size of the scale on each string. (sorry for my poor english but I do what I can...) :)
Play the harmonic on XII, first string. Tune it right. Then play the same note fretted: it must be right in tune... but seems that isnt, so your tremolo doesnt work.
You must move the piece in the tremolo where the string fits; if the harmonic is lower than the note fretted, move the piece nearer to the neck.
Repeat till the note fretted tunes the same than the harmonic.
My english is really poor, isnt it?
Email me if you want. If you are not sure to do this job, calling a luthier costs $10 no much more.
Good luck!
You should do this every time you change string gauge.

Calibrate a guitar with floyd rose

I am trying to calibrate a ESP guitar with a floyd rose, but I don't know how.

Re: Problems with my floyd rose system!

: I just bought a Jackson with a locking tremolo and it has been giving me trouble. I get it in tune perfectly.play a few riffs and its out of tune again.I dont know what the problem is. Pleese gimmi some help.

The reply you had already is correct except don't play a harmonic. play the string open. (use a tuner also)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.