• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have located a semi-hollow body electric Kent guitar that has a body some what like a 335 and the neck like a fender strat. The body is a beautiful natural birdseye maple. She is in awsome shape and plays well. I have the ser# (xxx) 3 digits and I believe that it was made in Japan in the Sixty’s. I have no Idea what model it is or value because I can’t find out any thing about Kent guitars. I’ve seen Kent amps guitars & drums but no info. I welcome anything.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a kent guitar f3 six string and would like to know what it is worth. Its in very good condition

Anonymous

I’ve had a Kent electric guitar for over 30 years and would like to know what it might be worth. The guitar is in extremely good condition, with a good action and sound. The only thing I know about it is a number on the neck WO 20279.

Anonymous

The Kent trademark was Registered by Southland Musical Merchandise Corp of Greensboro, NC on December 6, 1976.

Anonymous

I have a Kent KE-4MR. Is the 4MR the model? Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I can’t find any info on my Kent KF70 made in Korea acoustic guitar let alone it’s value

Anonymous

Hey folks,
      A bit of a necro-bump on this thread…
      I recently bought a Kent 835 12 string electric. Somewhere along the way the bridge mute was forcibly removed, so i’m Looking for a replacement bridge and mute for this guitar. If anyone has one, let me know!

Anonymous

I have an 820 Kent hollow body in great shape Several years ago I had it apprased by a collector at 920.00 Canadian Iam willing to sell this guitar for that price as I cannot hear well anymore if interested in this guitar please e-mail me Thanks

Anonymous

Hi I have a acoustic 6 string kent guitar with a hummingbird design. The model or make number is 41/m. I’ve had it about 30 years and I don’t know how long the old chap had it before me. It’s in very good condition. Just wanted to know how much it’s worth if anyone could help.

Anonymous

I am in the process of donating my old Kent acoustic guitar for Guitars for Kids in my home town in Ontario. Just out of curiousity wondered what it is worth.

Anonymous

I have my dad’s old Kent guitar it’s a model no KF-23 made in Korea it is in awesome shape. Its been in the family for about thirty five years.

Anonymous

I have my Dad’s ’68 Kent guitar and am looking to have it restored..any info on parts would be helpful…I think all it needs is the spring for the vibrato (whammy bar)…everything else is there…the rubber piece on the bridge looks quite worn or perhaps brittle (rightfully so). Does anyone know what this guitar is worth? It’s in orange sunburst …It’s a left handed guitar

Anonymous

I have owned this beautiful sounding guitar since 1967. Does anybody know what its value might be today. In mint condition with case.

Anonymous

Hi guys I have a 1978 Kent acoustic guitar model 41/x I really can’t track anything to do with this model and have been searching and searching its in exallant condition and I am looking to sell it but really don’t know how much it is worth or what I should be asking for it cheers

Anonymous

here’s another site dealing with the Kent 820 thin hollow body with info and pictures

http://www.kent-820.com

Anonymous

Kent guitars were imported and sold in the US from Japan from around 1960 through 1978. They were made by different factories. The same guitars had different Brand Names on them, like “Kent”, “Guyatone”, “Kawai”, “Teisco”. etc.

some good info can be found here: http://www.kentfoto.com/music/KentGuitars/index.htm

If anybody needs a Bridge, I have a Teisco Roller Bridge for sale, it is a a copy of a Gretsch Roller bridge but includes a solid steel Base like a Rickenbacker Bridge Base. The string saddles are rollers which are adjustable side-to-side for proper string spacing, and each side of the bridge is adjustable for Height. It is in excellent condition, probably from 1965 thru 1968. On a scale of 0 to 10, it is a 8.

Anonymous

I inherited a guitar and am looking for any information I can about it. It is a Kent model 533 Videocaster. I have no idea when they were made or what this one might be worth. It is a solid body, but I know next to nothing about guitars so I am not sure what other info might be needed. It needs to be tuned/serviced and possibly needs a little restoration, but otherwise it works and is not in horrible shape. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous

:I need to know how to get parts for my old kent guitar.I have located a semi-hollow body electric Kent guitar that has a body some what like a 335 and the neck like a fender strat. The body is a beautiful natural birdseye maple. She is in awsome shape and plays well. I have the ser# (xxx) 3 digits and I believe that it was made in Japan in the Sixty’s. I have no Idea what model it is or value because I can’t find out any thing about Kent guitars. I’ve seen Kent amps guitars & drums but no info. I welcome anything.

Anonymous

: I have located a semi-hollow body electric Kent guitar that has a body some what like a 335 and the neck like a fender strat. The body is a beautiful natural birdseye maple. She is in awsome shape and plays well. I have the ser# (xxx) 3 digits and I believe that it was made in Japan in the Sixty’s. I have no Idea what model it is or value because I can’t find out any thing about Kent guitars. I’ve seen Kent amps guitars & drums but no info. I welcome anything.

Anonymous

: :. I have 2 Kent guitars. One like a Strat and one 12 string hollow body. I know they were made in the 60s and were distributed by Kent Musical Products. Address:5 Union Square, New York. 10003. And they were a subsidiary of Buegeleisen & Jacobson, Inc. Any further info on these would be appreciated. Most sold in the price range of 100 dollars and up.

Anonymous

I do have a Kent guitar like the one your talking about but…. i cannot find a serial number on it. So where is it. Thank you

Anonymous

: i have found a ken e-bass looks like it was made in late 60s the neck has rectangular enlays (black) the body looks like a maple finish

Anonymous

I have found a kent 12 string guitar anybody have info, including value Wayne

Anonymous

: I would like to know about Kent guitars.I recently bought a K7-31 model and would like to know about its history.

Anonymous

I found a link for you (it’s part one of an article about Teisco, who made the guitars distributed as Kent…part two should be linked off this): http://www.vguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=64 I just bought a Kent "Videocaster" Model 533 from a guy in Canada who had it set up very nicely. 4-pickups and a lot of slider switches (a lot like a Hagstrom, who coincidentally made a very popular model called a "Kent"). Powerful pickups (really!)and a really nice guitar. When I was a kid in the 60s, all of the Japanese brands (probably ALL made by Teisco) had a really bad rap and only kids ended up with them. Some were very cheaply made, with weak metal, thin chrome plating, funky finishes and thin pickups. I owned a Rodeo, which was terrible. But then, who knew much about guitars then? Nowdays, anything has character.

Anonymous

I have a red semi-hollow body Kent guitar, with f-holes, 2 single coils. Mine has a lot of fabulous inlays not only on the fretboard, but on the headstock and the body itself. Possibly a model 820. Anyone know anything about it?

Anonymous

yes i just bought a kent 820 vantage at the yard sall for ten dollars it had two strings missing it plays and sounds great. japs made it. but now its mine

Anonymous

Kent made a lot of "student model" instruments in the 1960’s. I have always found most of the guitars to be quite playable but overall, the general guitar public in my area seemed to have a low opinion of them. I recently bought a solid body one pick-up, with case, that I practise on a lot. In fact, at a recording session I was using my Gibson Lespaul and the producer was complaining about the sound of it, so the next day I brought in my Kent and he loved it, it’s on two songs on the CD we were working on! Jim in Canada : I have located a semi-hollow body electric Kent guitar that has a body some what like a 335 and the neck like a fender strat. The body is a beautiful natural birdseye maple. She is in awsome shape and plays well. I have the ser# (xxx) 3 digits and I believe that it was made in Japan in the Sixty’s. I have no Idea what model it is or value because I can’t find out any thing about Kent guitars. I’ve seen Kent amps guitars & drums but no info. I welcome anything.

Anonymous

I hava a Kent guitar, the model is Videocaster #642298. I belive this brand is like an Asian Fender, the brand is from Japan, and i also know that this days you can sell a Kent Guitar in GOOD condition in 8,000 dollars or more.. My Kent guitar has an amazing classic sound, (better than gibson or fender guitars), it has Floyd Rose, 4 microphones, and a lot of weird switches (8) that change the sound of the guitar, and it also has two volumen controls. I also want to know the story beacause this was my dad´s guitar…. PD: I know about the price because a guy from London tried to buy my guitar in 15,000 dollars… but it was my dad´s so i dind´t sell it..

Anonymous

I almost Forgot my Kent guitar has 6 strings as well

Anonymous

On my seventeenth birthday my grandmother gave me an old Kent hollowbody. She had originally bought it for my grandfather used from a music shop in San Jose California. The guitar is in excellent condition and what is unusual about it is it only has six strings while all the other kents feature twelve strings I have been looking for information and would appreciate any correspondance

Anonymous

I have a K7-130 mopdel kent. does anyone know anything about this….

Anonymous

I found a kent guitar at a friends house,with a broken wammy bar, How much to fix it? How much is it worth. Thanks a bunch

Anonymous

can you give some more detail about the guitar? if you dont end up fixing it would you be wiiling to sell some parts? thanks luis : I found a kent guitar at a friends house,with a broken wammy bar, How much to fix it? How much is it worth. Thanks a bunch

Anonymous

: I woulke to know more about Kent guiatrs. I recently bought a model K7-31, and would like to know some history.

Anonymous

I own a 60s Kent hollowbody bass that sounds and plays remarkable and has a unique tone. I’m also searching for more info on these unique instruments. http://www.danlively.com

Anonymous
          Anonymous

I, too, am searching for more info on my Kent. It’s a Model 834, violin shaped with a cutaway. Mine is red with "racing stripe" binding on the edge. It’s sounds INCREDIBLE (very vintage) and plays well, though I find the neck very narrow. There was an E-Bay auction for a couple of framed ads which featured this model, plus the 833, 835 and 836 from 1967 (one of the pictures, from what I could tell, looked exactly like mine). I also tracked down a picture of one that is a Yellow 67 with a Bigsby-Style vibrato (mine lacks this). If anyone finds a source for more Kent info, I’d love to hear from you… Regards from the currently frozen North… Gary

Anonymous

: I, too, am searching for more info on my Kent. It’s a Model 834, violin shaped with a cutaway. Mine is red with "racing stripe" binding on the edge. It’s sounds INCREDIBLE (very vintage) and plays well, though I find the neck very narrow. There was an E-Bay auction for a couple of framed ads which featured this model, plus the 833, 835 and 836 from 1967 (one of the pictures, from what I could tell, looked exactly like mine). I also tracked down a picture of one that is a Yellow 67 with a Bigsby-Style vibrato (mine lacks this). If anyone finds a source for more Kent info, I’d love to hear from you… : Regards from the currently frozen North… : Gary I’m looking for a similar guitar. My first electric in 1969, purchased used for $50.I lost it sometime in the 70’s, but still have a picture of it. It was a sunburst finish cutaway violin shaped body with Bigsby type tailpiece and a tunable bridge with a flip up mute bar. The headstock is similar to a Gibson but the neck was thinner.I can’t remember how it played or sounded.I’m just looking to replace it for nostalgic reasons. I also recently purchased a Kent Les Paul copy I found on e bay while searching for kenr guitars.I have seen the framed ads but I have yet to find that model.

Anonymous

We have a Kent model #KF-24, Made in Korea. It was exclusively distributed by Maxwell Meyers in Texas. Southland Musical Merchandise Corp, N.C. Harris Fandel Corp in Mass. That’s the info on the inside label. We bought it in the 80’s. Great guitar. good playing size and sound. : I own a 60s Kent hollowbody bass that sounds and plays remarkable and has a unique tone. I’m also searching for more info on these unique instruments. http://www.danlively.com

Anonymous

: We have a Kent model #KF-24, Made in Korea. It was exclusively distributed by Maxwell Meyers in Texas. Southland Musical Merchandise Corp, N.C. Harris Fandel Corp in Mass. That’s the info on the inside label. We bought it in the 80’s. Great guitar. good playing size and sound. : : I own a 60s Kent hollowbody bass that sounds and plays remarkable and has a unique tone. I’m also searching for more info on these unique instruments. http://www.danlively.com I am looking for an old Kent guitar; 1960’s model solid body that looks something like a strat. It was my 1st guitar and would like to find one to replace it for sentimental reasons – any suggestions as to where these can be found? Harold

Anonymous

I have pics no s# trying to find out worth or owner.

Anonymous

Hi Harold, I am about to pick up I think the exact guitar you’re talking about. It’s a Kent 741 .it has three pick ups and Les Paul style neck with what appeared to be some type of inlays. I will keep in touch if I get it.

Anonymous

: : We have a Kent model #KF-24, Made in Korea. It was exclusively distributed by Maxwell Meyers in Texas. Southland Musical Merchandise Corp, N.C. Harris Fandel Corp in Mass. That’s the info on the inside label. We bought it in the 80’s. Great guitar. good playing size and sound. : : : I own a 60s Kent hollowbody bass that sounds and plays remarkable and has a unique tone. I’m also searching for more info on these unique instruments. http://www.danlively.com : I am looking for an old Kent guitar; 1960’s model solid body that looks something like a strat. It was my 1st guitar and would like to find one to replace it for sentimental reasons – any suggestions as to where these can be found? : Harold

Anonymous

: : : We have a Kent modelguitar. good playing size and sound. : : : : I own a 60s Kent hollowbody bass that sounds and plays remarkable and has a unique tone. I’m also searching for more info on these unique instruments. http://www.danlively.com : : I am looking for an old Kent guitar; 1960’s model solid body that looks something like a strat. It was my 1st guitar and would like to find one to replace it for sentimental reasons – any suggestions as to where these can be found? : : Harold We have been given a Kent guitar model#3501 in a case. It looks to be in great condition. Would like to know it’s value and other info.

Anonymous

: : We have a Kent model #KF-24, Made in Korea. It was exclusively distributed by Maxwell Meyers in Texas. Southland Musical Merchandise Corp, N.C. Harris Fandel Corp in Mass. That’s the info on the inside label. We bought it in the 80’s. Great guitar. good playing size and sound. : : : I own a 60s Kent hollowbody bass that sounds and plays remarkable and has a unique tone. I’m also searching for more info on these unique instruments. http://www.danlively.com : I am looking for an old Kent guitar; 1960’s model solid body that looks something like a strat. It was my 1st guitar and would like to find one to replace it for sentimental reasons – any suggestions as to where these can be found? : Harold i have a old kent electric i have no idea what year it is but has a strat style body w/lp style neck.everything works on it but it does need a headnut. email your addy and ill email you a pic.

Anonymous

Harold, Search eBay, musical instruments section. I’ve seen several. Dan

Anonymous

I went to work for Southland Musical Merchandise Corporation on August 1, 1972. The company had been formerly owned by a very honest man named Harry Greenberg. Earlier in 1972 he sold out to Onsite Energy Systems and everything changed from "let’s make the best product at the best price" to "let’s see how high we can make our profit margin – to hell with quality". "Kent" was a house brand of Southland. It was originally Japanese made but in the early 80’s production was shifted to Korea where an instrument (quality not considered) could be made for a fraction of the cost of Japanese instruments. It wasn’t long before Southland went to hell in a hand basket. I would like to acknowledge the professionalism of people like the late Lee Ingber who was quality minded enough to know that junk will ruin any business. It’s too bad that the last owners of Southland never learned that, even as their company faded into the sunset of the graveyard of greed. Time wounds all heels.

Anonymous

Hi Ed, I’ve been searching everywhere for info on an amp I have. It is a marathon tube amp, did you ever see any Marathon tube amps made there, or hear about them?

Anonymous

I am also searching for info on Kent Guitars. I own a model 820 that was given to me as a present from my Dad around 1966 (bought new from Sears?). I’ve kept it stored for too many years and am currently fixing it up. Still has great action, but needs some replacement parts. Any info would be appreciated.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.