Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Goya G3 by C.F. Martin

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi there. I have a Goya Model G3 by C.F. Martin. I know that C.F. Martin acquired Goya in the late ’70’s, but I have had trouble tracking down the specifics of the guitar as it was bought in a pawn shop as a gift for me. The only other identifying mark I can find was it was made in Taiwan, and appears to be solid wood. I have already checked out locksley.com/vintage/goya.htm
    and could not find anything. Thank you in advance for any information that can be offered!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I run a little thrift store and just came into a Goya G3 guitar that is well worn.the back is unglued where the neck attaches but is all original. I would like ton know if this was the first model that Martin made after they bought GOYA and if it has any value or is it just another piece of junk. It has martins tag inside and says made in tiwain. Thanks in advance for any help. Bill

Anonymous

Hi there,

Got your website following a search for Goya guitars. You obviously have a great interest and certainly a great site. You expressed an interested in hearing about Goya…perhaps something different. I have had several and they are always good guitars. Bought this one the other day. Can’t find any info. on it but it seems to have some odd characteristics for a Goya. One, the pickguard doesn’t match any of the photos I’ve seen. Second,the bridge is a little funky,. I have never seen one like this. Note the size of the saddle slot. Definitely not standard.Its lited as a Goya G 305….by C.F. Martin & Co.
      If you have any info one this guitar or could steer me to where I can get saddle for it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and regards,

Scott Allen

Anonymous

I purchased my goya from a place similar to a pawn shop, a co-op I think it was called. I noticed it one weekend and came back for it the next and it was still there, so I’m thinking it’s not worth a whole lot or the guitar I purchased was just in such sorry condition nobody else wanted to bother with it-it was filthy, had two original strings with four springs used as replacements for the others, was chipped up, dented, and faded, but something just said take me home.
      The tag inside reads, “goya dreadnought acoustic guitar #g3 C.F. Martin & CO. Nazareth, PA 18064 Made in Taiwan”.
      On my way out with it, a man who looked to be in his mid 60s asked me about it & I handed it off to him & he said it was a goya, (the “g” was gone on the neck lettering). He mentioned something about them being really popular when he was a teenager.

Anonymous

: Hi there. I have a Goya Model G3 by C.F. Martin. I know that C.F. Martin acquired Goya in the late ’70’s, but I have had trouble tracking down the specifics of the guitar as it was bought in a pawn shop as a gift for me. The only other identifying mark I can find was it was made in Taiwan, and appears to be solid wood. I have already checked out locksley.com/vintage/goya.htm : and could not find anything. Thank you in advance for any information that can be offered. It sounds like an interesting search. A picture would help any one who sees it make a connection . Send me one email and I will look around.

Anonymous

I have an acoustic guitar with goya on the headstock, and it says c.m martin on the inside with a number, g310 and it says goya guitar, goya internation, a part of the c.m martin organization, and then it says made in korea, it has another number engraved in the inside also. It doesnt have the metal support bar thing for the neck, can someone tell me what year it may be from/any info at all

Anonymous

:I also purchased a Goya by Martin, but the line in the body of the guitar says "Example G-1". I have not been able to find anything on it anywhere except that the guitar also has the C.F. Martin logo stamped inside the box. I bought this guitar in 2001. : I have an acoustic guitar with goya on the headstock, and it says c.m martin on the inside with a number, g310 and it says goya guitar, goya internation, a part of the c.m martin organization, and then it says made in korea, it has another number engraved in the inside also. It doesnt have the metal support bar thing for the neck, can someone tell me what year it may be from/any info at all

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.