Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Effects peddles.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Is the new boss gt6 a pre amp? If so how does it compare to line 6 pod? Come on, help me out!

Related Article:
    Line 6 Wireless Guitar System

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I need to know which wah wah pedal to get. I was thinking Boss because of the built in distortion, is that a good choice and can u give me some more info on wah wah pedals? :

Anonymous

: Is the new boss gt6 a pre amp? If so how does it compare to line 6 pod? Come on, help me out! :I far as I can tell: yes, among others it is a pre-amp. In my local store I’ve tested the machine, first connecting it to a mixer and nearfield monitors, and next connecting it to the ‘power amp in’ (not the input on front!) of a Peavey bandit 112. both worked fine. If the pre-amp section wasn’t a real preamp the construction with the Peavy could not have been satisfactory. I did this beceause I own such a combo (older model though) but I am not satified with the color of sound. too ‘square’ so to speak. I’m thinking of replacing (bypassing) the Peavy’s pre-amp with the Boss’s and only using the power amp and speaker of the Peavy, which are fine as fas as I am concerned. the alternative is a lot more expensive: buying an all new rig alltogether. A comparision with the POD I cannot really make; I have heard it, played it with headphones but haven’t had them next to one another. I do know that for me the POD is not a real option beceause the POD seems more designed for desktop use (direct recording etc.)and the possibilities to edit the effects are far more limited. I want a processor for using on stage first. The BOSS seems (promises anyway) to be able to do both and I can well imagine it does. I reckon that as far as color the sounds at a certain stage it becomes a matter of personal taste if you like the BOSS or the Line 6. If one of them ‘mimicks’ let’s say a Twin reverb better then the other is for me not a real criterium: none of them does really offcourse, beceause a Twin also sounds like a Twin because of the construction, speaker setup etc. one in most cases will use another setup, so: different sound. I only listen if the sound provided by the modellers is a useful sound in his own right. my advice: first, really consider for what purpose you want a machine and with that in mind go play ’em and listen! success, Menno

Anonymous

Dear Sir, i’m very interest with your product. I’d like buy some of your product, but before I order from you I want to ask something : – Do accept credit card payment ? – Could you dispatch to Indonesia ? I looking forward to hear from you. Sincerely,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.