Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics epiphone genesis serial number

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

sorry my english is terrible
    i´d like to know how old is my new guitar:
    EPIPHONE GENESIS serial number:4983
    thanks

Related Article:
    Epiphone G-400 Pro SG

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I researched the serial numbers for the Epiphone Genesis guitars made in Japan and the information that I found said that the Japanese were terrible at logging serial numbers and there are no known records of Japanese made guitars in that time period pre 80’s.

Anonymous

My guitar has the serial number 0700075. What does that mean? Thanks

Anonymous

Well hell I’ve had mine for 30 years I love it just got through cleaning up the pots and the switch sounds great mine has a six-digit serial number on it and that would be 003973. Ben pipelining on the west coast for the last 8 years and it’s good to get reacquainted with this baby..☠

Anonymous

Hello!

My Genesis has the serial number 0100109. Under that, there is a large “2”. What does this 2 mean? Thanks!

Anonymous

I’ve got a black Epiphone Genesis from 1979 or 80. My wife bought it new.The only ID it has is the number 0290605 stamped on the back of the head.

Anonymous

Planning to buy a Epiphone Genesis bass with serial 1200056
      How much should I pay max?

Anonymous

I have a Epiphone Genesis Standard, serial # 1190136 with a 3 below the serial #.
      Could you tell what year it was built and why the 3 is stamped below the serial numbers?

Anonymous

Good day to you all. I have an Epiphone Genesis guitar, SN on the neck is 1190238. This guitar was my father’s and I would like to get some information about the guitar. Is there a good website where I can find photos of others that are similar along with a little history of the guitar about when it was made and where?

We are very curious as to what the retail cost would have been when it was a new purchase? What the current approximate ballpark value (of course depending on condition) might be? The body of the guitar is a solid body and is a beautiful deep solid burgundy color with a cream colored band around the edge on the top side. My dad always said it was a steel neck on this guitar. It has double pick ups, three (pots) controls for volume, treble and base control, plus a toggle switch on the front for Rhythm/ ? /Treble (I don’t know what the center position is). I am amazed at how heavy this guitar is as we have tried to weigh it on a home scale and it is approximately between 10-12 pounds. Any information would be very helpful on this fine instrument.

Regards,

Donna Johnson

Anonymous

Good evening… I’m Sergio from Brazil and I would like to now more about my Epiphone Genesis… It’s body is black, the serial number is 0700652… Could you help me?

Thanks a lot…

Anonymous

serial number 1190378. sticker on the back of the neck from “cuzin Jeds..independence, mo.” curious about it’s age
      also what is the smaller switch for?

Anonymous

Hello, i’d like to know where was my Epiphone Genesis made. The serial number is 00000007.

Anonymous

: sorry my english is terrible : i´d like to know how old is my new guitar: : EPIPHONE GENESIS serial number:U 6120683 : thanks

Anonymous

: : sorry my english is terrible : : i´d like to know how old is my new guitar: : : EPIPHONE GENESIS serial number:U 6120683 : : thanks Are you sure of the serial number is correct? I haven’t any Genesis # start with 612. What color is the body and hardware? GT

Anonymous

: sorry my english is weak: i´d like to know how old is my new guitar,and where builid in : EPIPHONE SG G400 serial number:B0018114 : thanks

Anonymous

Hello, i’d like to know where was my Epiphone Genesis made. The serial number is 00004170. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

: : Hello, i’d like to know where was my Epiphone Genesis made. The serial number is 00004170. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

: : : : Hello, i’d like to know where was my Epiphone Genesis made. The serial number is 00004170. Thanks a lot. Hi, it was made in Taiwan from 1979-1981. What color is your body and hardware? GT

Anonymous

it’s a black double cutaway gibson epiphone genesis. it think it’s from the late 60’s but i’m not sure. does anyone have any idea how old it is based on the serial #. again its 0290482

Anonymous

: i´d like to know how old is my new guitar: : EPIPHONE GENESIS serial number:1290188 : thanks

Anonymous

: I think the serial number is 0510138 : Its in excellant condition. : Any information about this instrument is welcome. : thanks.

Anonymous

Probably May of 1981, production # 138 of that month.

I’ve been looking at the serial numbers of Epiphone Genesis serial numbers for the Taiwanese production between 1979 and 1981 that I’ve found on the internet and on eBay, and for the 7 digit numbers I may have figured out what they mean. So the numbers can be divided up as MM/Y/RRRR. A number like 1190378 would mean November, 1979 production, and the 378th guitar produced that month. In all the cases I’ve looked at the first two digits are 01 through 12 and the third digit is 9, 0, or 1.

Anonymous

Which the year of manufacture of my guitar??? Anyone can help me?? Thanks

Anonymous

Hi Fernando, i have an Epiphone Genesis too..a dealer said that this could be one of last american epiphone??? But in the web i found an article that said it was the first asian guitars which was build between 81-82. Is yours black or sunburst coloured? And how much did you pay for it?

Anonymous

Your Genesis is not a new guitar. Gibson thinks they were made in Taiwan between 1978 and 1980.

Anonymous

Hello, from what I came up with is that the Japanese were terrible at logging serial numbers and these guitars can’t be traced back because of that. I got an epiphone genesis for Christmas in 79 and still own it. I always loved my guitar. I picked it out of a wall of Les Paul guitars and played it and loved it. I read that Gibson had them made in Japan and they were designed out of the original Gibson factory before it was relocated.

Anonymous

I have an Epiphone Genesis Bass – the neck is badly bowed and the headstock has been repaired (snapped off at some point). two humbuckers – killer sound – will be bringing it out of mothballs and fixing up for a KISS tribute band – very similar to Gene Simmons’ Leboue custom bass

Anonymous

: Your Genesis is not a new guitar. Gibson thinks they were made in Taiwan between 1978 and 1980. Actually, Vintage Guitar Magazine did a story on Epiphone, the Genesis was made in Japan. The pickups were designed in the Gibson factory. Great guitar. I bought mine new in October, 1980. The price in Vintage Guitar is about $300. Great comments, over all.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.