• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i have a "targa" six string solid body/neck thru
    i believe its a stereo with a preamp or active pickups.
    small toggles with a led light
    the finish is a natural (two types of wood)
    two humbuckers?,brass nut,and brass neck inlays.

ive been looking for info on this guitar for a long time
    can anyone help?————-thanx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Shane Targa OOo`s were made for I believe 2 Brothers on Marylands Eastern Shore,,Shane being one of their names,they Sold them out of their store,Something like Venemans Music store,in Silver Spring Md. They sold Kit guitars,or you could have it built for you,by yours truly,(I was a Kid myself,but What a Memory)

Anonymous

I bought one because it Sounded = Oh, “Kay”. The Stock “Shane” Single coils were crap, and the “Body”Double PU aka “Body PU”, was P.U.X 2. I Replaced the 2 Single Coil Pickups with Duncan Designed Pickups = Retaining the “Shane” Covers and Added an Open Double S D Humbucker, Re-strung D’addario XL Style, Modified the Tremelo into “USABLE” 2 Springer and now Anyone named Van Halen would drool over my “Shane”Battle Axe. Coupled to only a Guitar Research “practice” Amp and Double Muff this Axe can Demolish Large Houses and send the Dogs running for cover, on the High side with Volume set @2. I own several Lead Guitars but this is but the One and only Shane Targa I have ever owned. ( I buy Guitars for their “Necks”, @ this Shane EXCELLS.) I could be talked into selling mine to a “GLORY ROCKER”. I will Never Ship ( DROP SHIP???) any Guitar I have “Customized” because I would BAWL like a Baby “IF” I ever had “One Returned” , via “GORILLA MAUL” in PIECES, so I save myself the Grief and Misery of MISHANDLEMENT. simply Simon

Anonymous

I don’t no weather this is true or not but . I can tell you that. I just bought shane targa hss guitar on ebay looks like nitro cream paint with lic floyd rose coil split bridge hummbucker and to toggle for each of the other pick ups . I dont now what they do split coils or turn pick up on or off ?. I dont have the guitar yet and the seller said the maker contacted him and that he keeps his eye on sales of the guitars. sounds funny I now. He figured that the seller felt the less people no about the guitar the more mistique. His words not mine. The guitar was in great shape and I collect strange guitars. I have a burnside blade tele. a burnside hammer and now this shane targa . And a burnside blade strat. amoung others. If you are out there and see this post the info on guild blade guitars is scarce. there were not great records. I would love to now what models of shane guitars were made . I have seen strat style two humbucker shane model to toggle switch strat style bridge. I shure would be nice to have a history . It seems a vary rare guitar. the one I bought. I will tresure. If you really want to here something funny. I have owned quality. gibson and fender guitars . I found a hammer slammer and bought it purple rare color from what I here. coil split bridge . you would think shit . wrong. It turned out to be one of the best playing guitars .I have ever owned the set up like butter. sounds awsome . just craze . you wood never think? sometimes you find a gem in the craziest places. give up the info please shane targa builder. fender contacted me with all the info they had on the blades and links for info. it would be great to no the story on these shane guitars for the owners that value the guitars and hold on to them !!.

Anonymous

Im looking at a Shane Targa single HB, vol, tone, standard trem right now. It’s pewter blue or something. 22 fret. Maybe a buy and flip if the price is right. Just have to say, my brother sold me a hamer slammer in metalflake red , 24 fret, fl rose,for 120 in small installments. He picked up in INDY at a guitar show for 390.00. I cherished, polished daily,and worshipped that beauty till 99. Got into drugs and such, pawned and lost it for like 70 bucks… Best playing axe I ever had. I’ve owned many makes-models-ect. But nothing has had the tone and flexability of that damn Hamer. Stock ! I later picked up a Slammer by Hamer 2000ish model that looked and was branded almost the same, yet was WAY inferior to my old RUBY ! Man she shined just like Dorothy’s slippers. As did her sound . 8 yrs not a scratch or smudge, sounded AMAZING clean, even more with a pinch of light ch/reverb. Any Hamer even close to performance today stands at round $3000 used. Addiction sucks… Even tone addiction when you can’t afford it. Didn’t know what I had…

Anonymous

: i have a "targa" six string solid body/neck thru : i believe its a stereo with a preamp or active pickups. : small toggles with a led light : the finish is a natural (two types of wood) : two humbuckers?,brass nut,and brass neck inlays. : ive been looking for info on this guitar for a long time : can anyone help?————-thanx i bought the same guitar as a teenage in the early 80s i got it new and maybe paid 300 for it i still have the guitar but its not all original anymore i still play it thou and its nice 🙂

Anonymous

I’ve recently bought a Shane Targa at a pawn shop for $60. I need to adjust the action to keep the high notes from fretting out, but otherwise seems to be an excellent guitar. It is a strat copy that has two single coils and one humbucker. I would like to learn more about the company and their other products if possible. I have heard only good things so far. : : i have a "targa" six string solid body/neck thru : : i believe its a stereo with a preamp or active pickups. : : small toggles with a led light : : the finish is a natural (two types of wood) : : two humbuckers?,brass nut,and brass neck inlays. : : ive been looking for info on this guitar for a long time : : can anyone help?————-thanx : i bought the same guitar as a teenage in the early 80s i got it new and maybe paid 300 for it i still have the guitar but its not all original anymore i still play it thou and its nice 🙂

Anonymous

: i have a "targa" six string solid body/neck thru : i believe its a stereo with a preamp or active pickups. : small toggles with a led light : the finish is a natural (two types of wood) : two humbuckers?,brass nut,and brass neck inlays. : ive been looking for info on this guitar for a long time : can anyone help?————-thanx

Anonymous

: : i have a "targa" six string solid body/neck thru : : i believe its a stereo with a preamp or active pickups. : : small toggles with a led light : : the finish is a natural (two types of wood) : : two humbuckers?,brass nut,and brass neck inlays. : : ive been looking for info on this guitar for a long time : : can anyone help?————-thanx I have the same guitar I bought at steve’s music in Montreal brand new back in the early 80’S. It is a preamp, not stereo or active pickups. I ended up taking the preamp out and threw in some humbuckers. One from a BC rich new jersey series (lead position) and a seymour duncan in the rythm position. I have owned many guitars in 20 years of playing. This by far has been my favorite that I always go back to. When Kramer was a big name, I had a $1300 american custom. It didn’t come close to the Targa. I have also been looking for a few years now and haven’t found any info on the makers of this guitar, but wish they would come out of hiding and make some more.

Anonymous

HI, I’ve recently purchased a Targa guitar and liked it so much I bought the matching bass guitar on e-bay. I’ve been trying like crazy to find out anything I can about them but I haven’t come up with anything. I expect that makes them pretty rare.They appear to be very well-crafted instruments. The woods are maple, ash and alder. I’ve been told they were made in Japan in the 1970s and were selling for about $1,000 at the time. I don’t think they are mass-produced instruments. If you come across any info please send it along to me. These are very mysterious instruments. My guess is that they will be very valuable at some point in the future. Cheers, Lu

Anonymous

I also have a targa and I heard it was a japanese attempt at either a jag or a strat, I forget which.. either way its probably the most original look I’ve seen, and I think they sound incredible

Anonymous

Hello Lu, I also have a Targa guitar, and was looking for some information about them when I found your letter. If you find any information I would like to here back from you. Thanks! John You can write me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you. : HI, : I’ve recently purchased a Targa guitar and liked it so much I bought the matching bass guitar : on e-bay. I’ve been trying like crazy to find out anything I can about them but I haven’t come up : with anything. I expect that makes them pretty rare.They appear to be very well-crafted instruments. : The woods are maple, ash and alder. I’ve been told they were made in Japan in the 1970s and were : selling for about $1,000 at the time. I don’t think they are mass-produced instruments. If : you come across any info please send it along to me. These are very mysterious instruments. : My guess is that they will be very valuable at some point in the future. : Cheers, : Lu

Anonymous

Shane Targa = Built in Korea, aka “Kimchi Strat”, = totally Unique Lead Guitar, The 22 Fret Neck is Superb, plays and sounds like a Fender Stratocaster especially so if Strung correctly. Tremelo is too Strong for most Humans, the Whammy Handle is Twice the Diameter of the Standard Fender Strat. I love mine, “Black on Red Studebaker Golden Commander” Color Scheme, ROCK ON, Simon

Anonymous

I belive they were made/affiliated with Shane, but I haven’t seen one for a while and don’t remember much, just Shane along with the Targa name. : i have a "targa" six string solid body/neck thru : i believe its a stereo with a preamp or active pickups. : small toggles with a led light : the finish is a natural (two types of wood) : two humbuckers?,brass nut,and brass neck inlays. : ive been looking for info on this guitar for a long time : can anyone help?————-thanx

Anonymous

: I belive they were made/affiliated with Shane, but I haven’t seen one for a while and don’t remember much, just Shane along with the Targa name. I CHECKED INTO THAT A WHILE BACK—NO AFFILIATION THIS IS NOT A COPY OF ANYTHING–KIND OF UNIQUE

Anonymous

I think i just got pretty lucky then. Picked one up for $100 CDN ($65 US). Could you explain to me how the switches work? i.e. stereo, etc. Also, are theer any websites with more info? I’ll keep looking and let you folks know if i find something

Anonymous

I ALSO HAVE A SHANE TARGA AND HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A WHILE FOR INFO, I WOULD LIKE TO FIND AT LEAST ONE MORE, BUT I AM NOT EVEN SURE WHO MAKES THEM.

Anonymous

: I ALSO HAVE A TARGA AND HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A WHILE FOR INFO, have you had any luck in getting any more info.

Anonymous

: : I belive they were made/affiliated with Shane, but I haven’t seen one for a while and don’t remember much, just Shane along with the Targa name. : I CHECKED INTO THAT A WHILE BACK—NO AFFILIATION : THIS IS NOT A COPY OF ANYTHING–KIND OF UNIQUE i have bought one also for $200 and its awesome, just wish i knew what kind it is so i could thank them for making an awesome guitar like that. what in the world is a Targa guitar then???? from Japan? from the 70’s? Shane manf.?

Anonymous

Well I picked up My Shane Targa from aMusic Go Round Store and I love the dam thing to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I had a 1990 American Strat and a 2012 Les Paul 60’s tribute and I really believe I can say it play better!!
            I paid $60.00 for it. Best deal of my life. I read that when they 1st came out they were $500.00 to $600.00.
            At that time that was good money!!! So it really cant be ashit guitar, probly a company that could not compete with Gibson, Fender etc.

Targa by the way is in Austraila

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.