Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Quest Atak 10. Need info,Help please!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

If any one has any info on a Quest Atak 10 with locking system please help me. I can’t seem to tune it properly. I also don’t know anything about when it was made or how much it is worth or if it is worth anything at all.Thanks! Tanya

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

80s made in Japan, mine has a truss rod and tunes up and plays fine with low action. One of the nice things about it is the 5 position switch gives you 5 distinct sounds. Not a high end guitar in its day it has a lamanat body which after 30 years of curing delivers nice sustain. Play it clean for funk or blues, crunch it up for rock and metal.

Anonymous

: If any one has any info on a Quest Atak 10 with locking system please help me. I can’t seem to tune it properly. I also don’t know anything about when it was made or how much it is worth or if it is worth anything at all.Thanks! Tanya Hi Tanya, I do have a little info regarding the Quest Atak guitars and their maker, as well as how to date them. I would be happy to swap you pic(s) of the guitar for info on it as I am beginning to document that line on my site. Drop me a note at the e-mail address provided if you are interested! Take Care!

Anonymous

These guitars were made in the mid to late 80’s and cost about $130 Canadian. Having a "bolt-on" neck, which is good, and having NO neck adjustment bolt, which is bad, tuning was a nightmare. My first guitar was an Atak10 by Quest. I removed the locking mechanism and rewired it. Replaced all the pickups too. But because of the neck, I could not keep it in tune. I still have it, but the kids use it as a toy. Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.