Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics dumble overdrive special amp head

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

ive just received this amp off a friend (for free), its a bit dusty as its been in his garage for years, but ive had it checked out and serviced and it works great. i love the sound, but ive never heard of dumble amps, so can anyone shed any light on this model. dave

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

want to sell it?

Anonymous

Just met a guy this weekend who owns a Dumble – – a single doctor with money to blow – – said Santana offered him 26K for his…. If you are a guitar player of any sort you will absolutely NOT want to let this go… Dumble basically makes amps when he feels like it which is not often and renders these legendary babies extremely rare… I hear he is fortunate enough to reside on an estate of Jackson Browne’s so I guess the rent money is not a problem for him… My suggestion, get it verified and get it insured. And, ENJOY – sigh.

Anonymous

If you have a real dumble, that amp is probably worth over $15K. Sounds like you have something special. You may want to contact Fuchs Audio Technology. Andy may be able to shed some light on it

Anonymous

: ive just received this amp off a friend (for free), its a bit dusty as its been in his garage for years, but ive had it checked out and serviced and it works great. i love the sound, but ive never heard of dumble amps, so can anyone shed any light on this model. dave

Anonymous

Sorry, I don’t believe you are that ignorant. My grandma knows what a Dumble is ! Are you sure you didn’t receive a Dumbell instead ?

Anonymous

Hey,Carlos Santana knows his stuff and he uses Dumbles and Mesa Boogie, You got yourself a real part of heaven. Congratulations. I’ll give ya 200.00 right now for it 🙂

Anonymous

hang on to it…its worth about 12000$

Anonymous

Well you’ve hit the jackpot dave. Dumbles are EXTREMELY expensive and are very rare. COngrats.

Anonymous

I’m not sure whether you’re telling the truth or not. A DUMBLE FOR FREE? That’s sheer insanity. Dumbles are insanely awesome amps that are known for their almost indescribable "heavenly" top-end. Some famous Dumble Overdrive users are Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Johnson, Scott Henderson etc… all guys who are (or were — sorry SRV) serious tone-mongers. I believe the tone circuit is related (or at least similar) to that of a Matchless… Could be wrong on the last point. I do know, however, that the amp you have, even in only reasonable condition, is worth at least a few thousand dollars. : ive just received this amp off a friend (for free), its a bit dusty as its been in his garage for years, but ive had it checked out and serviced and it works great. i love the sound, but ive never heard of dumble amps, so can anyone shed any light on this model. dave

Anonymous

: I’m not sure whether you’re telling the truth or not. : A DUMBLE FOR FREE? That’s sheer insanity. Dumbles are insanely awesome amps that are known for their almost indescribable "heavenly" top-end. Some famous Dumble Overdrive users are Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Johnson, Scott Henderson etc… all guys who are (or were — sorry SRV) serious tone-mongers. : I believe the tone circuit is related (or at least similar) to that of a Matchless… Could be wrong on the last point. : I do know, however, that the amp you have, even in only reasonable condition, is worth at least a few thousand dollars. : : : ive just received this amp off a friend (for free), its a bit dusty as its been in his garage for years, but ive had it checked out and serviced and it works great. i love the sound, but ive never heard of dumble amps, so can anyone shed any light on this model. dave Dave: What you have been hearing about dumbles is 100% true. Other genuine tone dogs using Dumble’s are Robben ford and Larry Carlton. Recently, Carlos Santana swithed to a Dumble. Forget how much the thing is worth. Keep it and make beuatiful music with it.

Anonymous

: : Like Dave said, this amp is used by Robben Ford, a great Blues guitarist. According to one of Ford’s instructional videos the amps is supposed to be very much alkie to a fender twin. Have fun with it! : : I’m not sure whether you’re telling the truth or not. : : A DUMBLE FOR FREE? That’s sheer insanity. Dumbles are insanely awesome amps that are known for their almost indescribable "heavenly" top-end. Some famous Dumble Overdrive users are Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Johnson, Scott Henderson etc… all guys who are (or were — sorry SRV) serious tone-mongers. : : I believe the tone circuit is related (or at least similar) to that of a Matchless… Could be wrong on the last point. : : I do know, however, that the amp you have, even in only reasonable condition, is worth at least a few thousand dollars. : : : : : : ive just received this amp off a friend (for free), its a bit dusty as its been in his garage for years, but ive had it checked out and serviced and it works great. i love the sound, but ive never heard of dumble amps, so can anyone shed any light on this model. dave : Dave: : What you have been hearing about dumbles is 100% true. Other genuine tone dogs using Dumble’s are Robben ford and Larry Carlton. Recently, Carlos Santana swithed to a Dumble. Forget how much the thing is worth. Keep it and make beuatiful music with it.

Anonymous

: : : Like Dave said, this amp is used by Robben Ford, a great Blues guitarist. According to one of Ford’s instructional videos the amps is supposed to be very much like a fender twin. Have fun with it! : : : I’m not sure whether you’re telling the truth or not. : : : A DUMBLE FOR FREE? That’s sheer insanity. Dumbles are insanely awesome amps that are known for their almost indescribable "heavenly" top-end. Some famous Dumble Overdrive users are Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Johnson, Scott Henderson etc… all guys who are (or were — sorry SRV) serious tone-mongers. : : : I believe the tone circuit is related (or at least similar) to that of a Matchless… Could be wrong on the last point. : : : I do know, however, that the amp you have, even in only reasonable condition, is worth at least a few thousand dollars. : : : : : : : : : ive just received this amp off a friend (for free), its a bit dusty as its been in his garage for years, but ive had it checked out and serviced and it works great. i love the sound, but ive never heard of dumble amps, so can anyone shed any light on this model. dave : : Dave: : : What you have been hearing about dumbles is 100% true. Other genuine tone dogs using Dumble’s are Robben ford and Larry Carlton. Recently, Carlos Santana swithed to a Dumble. Forget how much the thing is worth. Keep it and make beuatiful music with it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.