Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Yairi AR-355?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Has anyone ever heard of a Yairi or Alvarez-Yairi acoustic guitar with a model # of AR-355. I’ve only seen DY-xx and a few other designations but never any- thing like AR-xx. I want to bid on one but am afraid it may not be a genuine Yairi. Thanks . . . Mike C

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Anyone have any experience with trading this guitar? I’ve had it since 1971 and need appraisal. Average condition with several dings on top and sides.

Thanks
      Dan

Anonymous

:The AR- series of Yairi were hand crafted by Kazuo Yairi in Japan. Very few of these excellent instruments were seen in North America. I play a 1988 AR-352 which was brought into Canada by a traveller, probably from the U.K. or Europe. If you held back on aquiring the 355, invite your biggest friend to kick you as hard as he can. You’ve missed one of the best guitars you’ll ever have the opportunity to play. I’ve turned my nose up at a HD28 Martin, 3 different top of the line Larivees,and a D18 Martin over the past few years because they weren’t any improvement on my 352. If you did buy the Yairi, you don’t need me to tell you what a beautiful piece of Art you’re playing with. I hope this fills you in on the question you posted.

: Has anyone ever heard of a Yairi or Alvarez-Yairi
      : acoustic guitar with a model # of AR-355. I’ve only
      : seen DY-xx and a few other designations but never any-
      : thing like AR-xx. I want to bid on one but am afraid it
      : may not be a genuine Yairi.

: Thanks . . . Mike C

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.