Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics is pink floyd boring?

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Is Pink Floyd boring? Well, maybe to some young snot-nosed wanna-be no-talent doc marten-wearing useless (did I mention fake?) punk. David Gilmour is a HUGE influence to my playing. I must admit, though, that they aren’t as good without Waters.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I don’t think Pink Floyd is boring; they kick ass. I love Syd!

Anonymous

: Is Pink Floyd boring? Well, maybe to some young snot-nosed wanna-be no-talent doc marten-wearing useless (did I mention fake?) punk. David Gilmour is a HUGE influence to my playing. I must admit, though, that they are better without Waters.

Anonymous

: Is Pink Floyd boring? Well, maybe to some young snot-nosed wanna-be no-talent doc marten-wearing useless (did I mention fake?) punk. David Gilmour is a HUGE influence to my playing. I must admit, though, that they aren’t as good without Waters. Is Rosie O’Donnel hot? The only more ricidulous question than this is the one preceding it in the subject box. David Gilmour is an AMAZING guitarist, and these guys are the Godfathers of progressive rock…. the least boring type of music available. Spencer

Anonymous

I don’t know if any one is still reading this, but i have got something to say. I am 16 years old, and i have listened to many types of music, and i have found that Pink Floyd is one of the best bands ever. their music may not be as good now as it was when they first came around, but they are still legendary. And Legends never die.

Anonymous

Boring….ha ha, you gotta be kidding ! The Gilmoursaurus is also a big influence on my playing and Floyd’s music has really taught me alot. As Dave said about ‘widdling’ : "I was only given slow fingers so I make the most of them !". Personally, widdlers can disappear up their own backsides as there’s bog all emotion there. Rock on Dave !

Anonymous

: Is Pink Floyd boring? Well, maybe to some young snot-nosed wanna-be no-talent doc marten-wearing useless (did I mention fake?) punk. David Gilmour is a HUGE influence to my playing. I must admit, though, that they aren’t as good without Waters. Have you even listened to these guys. Floyd was not Floyd without all of the members, if you think that Waters was all of Floyd you are mistaken. I am a fan of the early stuff, but their post-wall stuff sure is a hell of a lot more "Floydian" than Roger’s. You ever hear the Pro’s and Con’s CD? In my opinion it sucks bad and doesn’t sound like Floyd at all. At least the other 3 kept making good music, it may not be as good as the early stuff, but a lot better than Roger solo. And if you think they are boring you obviously have not seen the Pulse video. Concerts just don’t get any better than that people, what else can you ask for???

Anonymous

Nothing but a pack of loser 70s stoners here! Half of you asses don’t know jack about playing anyway. Go fire up the bong- thats what you’re good at doing!

Anonymous

I guess the answer is that even though they may no longer have innovative new music to offer the world, their past creations have been spectacular! Like divorce ending a marriage, the fact that things end (whether amicably, with animosity or just dissolve…), doesn’t negate all the good times that were had along the way. Does a band lose its reputation if it fails to quit while its ahead? Do people have to die young to be legendary? Like one reader says, time to rest on your laurels, lads, and thanks for the greats of the past! How many of you can honestly say you don’t have a single record, CD, tape or even 8 track or mp3 of Pink Floyd, lying somewhere? Why not dust it off & give it a play – take yourself back to a very special time… Take a look at GNW this week: https://www.guitarsite.com/newsletters/000703/7.shtml https://www.guitarsite.com/newsletters/000703/8.shtml There will also be more on Pink Floyd in GNW next week… Subscribe for free, now! Just stick your email address in the slot here: https://www.guitarsite.com/ [Neil Shedden, GNW Editor]

Anonymous

: Is Pink Floyd boring? Well, maybe to some young snot-nosed wanna-be no-talent doc marten-wearing useless (did I mention fake?) punk. David Gilmour is a HUGE influence to my playing. I must admit, though, that they aren’t as good without Waters. What’s obvious is that days of an enthusiastic,innovative David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright are in past tense — even though they can turn out an album that still has a uniqueness about it that no one else can but the problem comes in when they begin to sound like a parody of their former sound and seem to be very self-conscious of it but keep on doing it for the cash. In contrast, Roger Waters seems to still have the enthusiasm that his former bandmates now lack.Even if you are among those who absolutely hate everthing Pink Floyd has ever done, with or without Waters, it’s impossible to miss that spark that Waters seems to have in him and the continued fascination he has about recording and performing. If the remaining Floyd members just slog along as a "corporation" and Waters can’t get his stuff recorded and his concerts sponsored that’ll be a real loss to those of us who want to hear a "young 55-year-old" who’s easily able to keep pace with people 30 years his junior. –SauGtz. <[email protected]>

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.