Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Hofner Anno Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I recently purchased a guitar (Hofner Anno) for my son. I have played a guitar for 40 years (Guild 12 string and 6 string hummingbird.) and I have never seen anything like this guitar. It can be either a 6 string or a 12 string. Inside it has their lable, which seems to be quite old. It looks like a pirate playing an old style mandolin. It has to be the best and straightest neck I have ever encountered and also has a solid back. I’m trying to find out any information I can about this guitar and would appreciate any response. I was told it could have been made around the early 1900’s. My E mail address is [email protected] Thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a vintage 12 string Hofner-Anno , circa 1977 – 1979
      Hand written date says or looks like : A , second letter (9 or a g) third & fourth look like a box number 4 except it is a square at the top ??
      Any way I need parts for this guitar. It is one of the best sounding 12 string acoustics I have ever played, including the 4 times amount for
      The Tay— I was talked into getting .
      Like I stated,not sure when it was made but ,I was given the guitar Brand New in the box in 1979 as a gift from my wife. I need to repair it. Primarily Saddle and Neck parts.

Can anyone be straight with me on locating parts ??

Anonymous

I have a hofner anno guitar and it does not have a date after the anno. it is just blank. anybody ever hear of that? is it a fake? I bought it from a friend of mine in the early 80’s for $50 I think and have never played it. now it is collecting dust and needs strings. i was wondering if it is worth anything and how do I find out?

Anonymous

In Germany the 1 in a date looks like an A, thus A970 would be 1970….the anno’s with the minstrel playing a lute label are 1950-1980 year models. Originally sold for about $250.00 USD ….watch it when restringing completely, as the neck is made to separate. This is to allow shimming for proper string height over frets.

Anonymous

Would you know the value of this guitar or someone one who would know? Thank you Mitch.

Anonymous

My wife bought a Hofner-Anno from a little known music shop. It has a great neck, plays well, and is in good condition. It has the Hofner-Anno logo with 1943 tritten in hand on it. I assume that is the year of manufacture. As I never run into one of these guitars, can anyone tell me what it may be worth? and any background at all? Email [email protected] So I’m looking at the $10 guitar and the neck feels really good and plays real nice, the body looks fine and the logo on the inside has 1943 written on it in hand writing. That would make it 61 years old.

Anonymous

:I also have a Hofner Original Anno 1970 which i bought new in Canada in 1971, its a bit battered now but still has the paper badge you described with the 1970 written in the Anno box. Anyone know where i can get the plastic ‘string carriers’ that slot into the bridge. Thanks.

Anonymous

: :I also have a Hofner Original Anno 1970 which i bought new in Canada in 1971, its a bit battered now but still has the paper badge you described with the 1970 written in the Anno box. Anyone know where i can get the plastic ‘string carriers’ that slot into the bridge. Thanks.

Anonymous

I purchased a Hofner.Anno Classical Guitar. The label inside says Made in Germany, with ‘A924’ or ‘A974’ hand written on it. Can anyone tell me what this number means, and how I may go about finding out how old it is, and how much it is worth. Any info is much appreciated. If responding via email, please put Hofner in the Subject line, so I avoid opening spam. Thank you.

Anonymous

I purchased a Hofner.Anno Classical Guitar. The label inside says Made in Germany, with ‘A924’ or ‘A974’ hand written on it. Can anyone tell me what this number means, and how I may go about finding out how old it is, and how much it is worth. Any info is much appreciated. If responding via email, please put Hofner in the Subject line, so I avoid opening spam. Thank you.

Anonymous

: I purchased a Hofner.Anno Classical Guitar. The label inside says Made in Germany, with ‘A924’ or ‘A974’ hand written on it. Can anyone tell me what this number means, and how I may go about finding out how old it is, and how much it is worth. Any info is much appreciated. If responding via email, please put Hofner in the Subject line, so I avoid opening spam. Thank you. Hi- I just bought a Hofner Anno classical guitar – it looks a bit used!!!! and has a round old looking label with a figure playing an instrument (pirate is a good description). The top part of the label has Hofner Anno and what looks like an A without the crossbar followed by 970 (A970 or 1970?) I’m looking at Hofner Anno web sites and not finding much help. I’d like to hear from others who might have comments.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.