Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Lyle guitars..

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I was given this guitar that i know nothing about, all i know is that it has Lyle inscripted on it. And ive tried looking it up online, but all the guitars look nothing like the one i have. Its white and cream..looks somewhat like a Fender stratocaster..any suggestions on what its worth is..or if Lyle even made this guitar..thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Black guitar that has the name Olympic on it and i was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it? Is it a good brand or what?

Anonymous

I OWN A LYLE ACOUSTIC GUITAR MODEL NO. 1280L.I BOUGHT IT AT AN OLD PAWN SHOP IN ANCHORAGE,ALASKA IN 2003. IT WAS BEAT UP REALLY BAD! HUGE HOLES ON THE BODY.THE BODY DAMAGE WAS COVERED WITH OLD PAPER STICKERS FROM AROUND THE STATE. PAID $20.00 FOR IT. I FIXED THE DAMAGE WITH PLASTIC WOOD,SANDED IT SOME AND STAINED AND VARNISHED IT UP.I ALSO CLEANED THE TUNER KEYS AND MADE A NEW PLASTIC BRIDGE ON BOTTOM. I PUT ON NEW STRINGS AND FOUND OUT THAT IT SOUNDS BETTER THAN MOST ALL OTHER GUITARS OF ITS TYPE I HAVE PLAYED AND/OR OWNED.BETTER THAN ANYTHING NEW IN THE $500.00 + RANGE! GOOD ACTION. I HAVE GONE ON THE THE WEB AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE WITH THE SAME MODEL ANYWHERE.

Anonymous

I own one… clean and in good shape very nice entry level guitar $200-600 range

Anonymous

: I was given this guitar that i know nothing about, all i know is that it has Lyle inscripted on it. And ive tried looking it up online, but all the guitars look nothing like the one i have. Its white and cream..looks somewhat like a Fender stratocaster..any suggestions on what its worth is..or if Lyle even made this guitar..thanks!

Anonymous

Yes lyle made this guitar… I am currently getting the one my dad has fixed… its close to 35 years old..

Anonymous

We have a Lyle acoustic guitar loaned to us by a friend-The number on a card inside it is 690-DL. It is decorated with mother of pearl inlay–including a dove.We would appreciate some info about it—including possible worth.

Anonymous

That is what I have and I bought it new. I always called it the "Songbird" model. Guess that is what they told me then. I played my daughters brand new Ibenez last weekend and it has nothing on my Lyle.: We have a Lyle acoustic guitar loaned to us by a friend-The number on a card inside it is 690-DL. It is decorated with mother of pearl inlay–including a dove.We would appreciate some info about it—including possible worth.

Anonymous

We have a Lyle acoustic guitar loaned to us by a friend-The number on a card inside it is 690-DL. It is decorated with mother of pearl inlay–including a dove.

Anonymous

Lyle guitars were imported from Japan from the late 60’s up until the late seventies/early 80’s. L.D. Heater in Portland Oregon was the importer. I had an early 70’s Lyle SG (Gone now) and purchased a Lyle Les Paul (Definately Ibanez, Super 70 pickups, set neck and superb craftsmanship) in 1980. The later models are top quality, while the early ones are typical Japanese guitars for their day. All in all they are decent, and getting harder to find – even on Ebay

Anonymous

I too have a Lyle guitar, which was given to me. I don’t know a lot about guitars, so I can’t even really describe it. Here’s a page with some info: http://may.pipebox.net/phill/lyle/ My guitar looks JUST like that guys Lyle SG.

Anonymous

Two years ago I paid $16.88 for a Lyle "concert Accoustic" in a soft plastic bag, from a Goodwill store in Ottumwa, IA. It looks like the C600 shown in the first file. It has the patterned sound hole but also has a small pick guard. I had it repaired and is has an easy action and a really good accoustic tone. It is a model E520 with excellent woodwork

Anonymous

Is the lyle acoustic for sale?

Anonymous

i have a lyle guitar myself. My dad just bought it for me at music exchange place. I was about 150$ and it is used. I dont know how much it would be if it wasnt used. All in all I love that guitar, it has a great sound. Its great!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.