Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics fender cyclone or fender american standard strat?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve been playing guitar for almost a year,and I’ve been using a yamaha eg303 to learn on.For those who aren’t familiar with the guitar it is a 3 single coile strat copy.I’ve decided that it’s about time that I got a nice guitar(something worth more than a $200 dollar yamaha that included a junk amp and a ton of accessories),so I’ve decided between an american standard strat or a cyclone.I’m worried that the am standard will be almost the same as my yamaha,but if I get the am standard I would be familiar with it,plus it is made in the u.s..I like the cyclone because it would be different,plus it has a humbucker.The set back on the cyclone is that I’ve heard some bad things about mexican made fenders,and a friend of mine ordered a mexican fat strat that arived with a pretty messed-up fingerbord(scratches and dents).My music style is mainly punk/alternative but I also play rock,hard rock,very little metal and some clean non distorted stuff.I would appreciate any suggestions on what my decision should be.I’m also aware that the am standard could set me back $700 compared to the $400 cyclone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

If you have no favourite style of music or want to concern on Grunge, Alternative or Hardrock, the cyclone is better. Moreover the cyclone is affordable. For what an american strat, if you’re not shure which style of music you love?!

Anonymous

well i dont recomend the strat or the cyclone. fender that makes the strat have been going down hill for the past 3 years. there no longer made in USA. there now made in korea, i recomend a cort guitar or danelectro, there way underated guitars they sound better and are smoother then any fender or peavey or any of the so called good brands.

Anonymous

You’ve lost it man Fender still has many Guitars made in the U.S.A. in fact all "Fender" Products are either made in the U.S.A. or Mexico, The Cyclone is made in Mexico the Standard Strat is made in U.S. but you can get a cheaper one thats made in Mexico, Fender has an offshoot company "Squire" and their guitars are made in Korea however if you get yourself an Older Squire(I say between 82-96) they sound real nice and to this day I haven’t found a Guitar that feels as nice as my Squire Strat. : well i dont recomend the strat or the cyclone. fender that makes the strat have been going down hill for the past 3 years. there no longer made in USA. there now made in korea, i recomend a cort guitar or danelectro, there way underated guitars they sound better and are smoother then any fender or peavey or any of the so called good brands.

Anonymous

: well i dont recomend the strat or the cyclone. fender that makes the strat have been going down hill for the past 3 years. there no longer made in USA. there now made in korea, i recomend a cort guitar or danelectro, there way underated guitars they sound better and are smoother then any fender or peavey or any of the so called good brands. What the hell are you talking about? USA Strats are made in Mexico? UUUMMMM, you’re an idiot. They’re made in Corona, Ca. , just like it says ON THE GUITAR. Going down hill for 3 years…says who? You have no idea what the hell you are talking about and really don’t need to waste people’s time online. Shut up if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Anonymous

: I thought a les paul wasn’t as good as a strat for punk.I’ve seen alot of alternative bands use them,but punk is usually a strat or a coppy.Guess now I have to check out the gibson’s stats.

for grunge, get the cyclone

Anonymous

i play everything from ska to propper fuckin thrash core and the cyclone is fantastic, a word of warning though, lock the bridge down or you’ll keep going out of tune

Anonymous

you must have never been to a REAL punk show to think that a les paul is not good for punk. the les paul is the ultimate punk guitar. go to the warped tour and you will see almost every punk band use the paul.

Anonymous

your a fucking POSER! The warped tour is nothing but corporate pop bands. POSER! POSER! POSER! POSER! POSER! POSER! POSER! POSER! POSER!

Anonymous

: you must have never been to a REAL punk show to think that a les paul is not good for punk. the les paul is the ultimate punk guitar. go to the warped tour and you will see almost every punk band use the paul. -He speaks the truth – I seen it!! "You’re a rattlesnake and you’re full of shit" Rancid

Anonymous

I thought a les paul wasn’t as good as a strat for punk.I’ve seen alot of alternative bands use them,but punk is usually a strat or a coppy.Guess now I have to check out the gibson’s stats.

Anonymous

: I’ve been playing guitar for almost a year,and I’ve been using a yamaha eg303 to learn on.For those who aren’t familiar with the guitar it is a 3 single coile strat copy.I’ve decided that it’s about time that I got a nice guitar(something worth more than a 00 dollar yamaha that included a junk amp and a ton of accessories),so I’ve decided between an american standard strat or a cyclone.I’m worried that the am standard will be almost the same as my yamaha,but if I get the am standard I would be familiar with it,plus it is made in the u.s..I like the cyclone because it would be different,plus it has a humbucker.The set back on the cyclone is that I’ve heard some bad things about mexican made fenders,and a friend of mine ordered a mexican fat strat that arived with a pretty messed-up fingerbord(scratches and dents).My music style is mainly punk/alternative but I also play rock,hard rock,very little metal and some clean non distorted stuff.I would appreciate any suggestions on what my decision should be.I’m also aware that the am standard could set me back 00 compared to the 00 cyclone.

With what you play, try and keep away from Fender period. Your best bet for your price range would be a Epiphone Les paul, but don’t go with Fender shit because it tears up to easy, and it sounds shitty

Anonymous

I own a fender cyclone and I thought it was the best deal in the world. I totally recommend it. It sounds great and is made very well.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.