Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics MESA VS MARSHALL!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

hey im not sure what a better amp overall is?, a mesa boogie dual or triple rectifieror a marshall tsl and dsl 100 heads? and what cabinet is better the standard mesa 4×12 cab or a marshall 4×12 cab?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

hey guys- Im out looking for a new amp and i wanna go big with it, but i dont know wether to choose the Marshall JCM2000 TSL series or the MESA triple rec. They’re both the same price and im not sure which to choose from. I heard that MESA is supposed to be the latest and greatest but, i dont wanna by just for the name. My e-mail is [email protected] or just post back. -later

Anonymous

just buy whatever looks cooler to you. They’re both great amps. I recently got a gibson goldtone 30w class A head. It just rocks. No extra junk you don’t need either. I play it through a full size mesa 4×12 cab. I had a marshall 1960x cab before, with greenbacks, and again its a toss up. Sweet tone from both of them, real warm. So my advise is a Gibson goldtone head on a mesa 4×12 cab, it may just be the best set up ever!

Anonymous

ya, sure mesa is reliable… but marshall is where the tone is at.. with the advanced/vintage tube technology. Marshall by far owns mesa on the end of a leash.

Anonymous

: hey im not sure what a better amp overall is?, a mesa boogie dual or triple rectifieror a marshall tsl and dsl 100 heads? and what cabinet is better the standard mesa 4×12 cab or a marshall 4×12 cab? I have owned 3 boogies a 1980 s.o.b/81 mark 1/now a mark one reisue . My brother alaways owned marshalls. My old boogie kicked there ass.But both companys have let hand wiring be replaced with curcit boards and let quality slip out the window .So I build custom guitars I figured someone must build custom amps.Then I found a local builder Dan lustone.com I went to his shop with my mark one and left wishing I never bought it.His amps kicked my boogies ass .So don`t run out just for a marshall or boogie give the custom builders a look they can build to your taste.This is how I make my guitars to the customers liken not mine gibson or fenders this is what hand built custom work gives you what you want. Bick tremontguitars.com amps lustone.com

Anonymous

mesa kicks marshalls ass anyday…marshall are good………but they sound to muddy, i can never get the right tone with one. the mode four by marshall in my opinion is the best marshall…but still mesa owns every amp on the market, i have a triple rectifier, and let me say holy crap, super tone, heavy thick bottom end and awesome highs. I LOVE IT!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.