Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics How to fix Fender Squirer/ Strat / Tele / pBass pickup BuZZ

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I kinda stumbled on this by accident. my fenders were buzzing from what i think to by static electricity. I play on thick carpet, usually in my socks, and after about 20 mins, my pickups were really starting to buzz. I was also getting a pop sound if I rubbed the pickgaurd, so I just tried spraying Static Guard spray on the pickgaurd, JUST A LITTLE!!!! It wipes right off, and seemed to fix the problem. You can find it in most grocery stores near the fabric softner. just thought i’d share!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I kinda stumbled on this by accident. my fenders were buzzing from what i think to by static electricity. I play on thick carpet, usually in my socks, and after about 20 mins, my pickups were really starting to buzz. I was also getting a pop sound if I rubbed the pickgaurd, so I just tried spraying Static Guard spray on the pickgaurd, JUST A LITTLE!!!! It wipes right off, and seemed to fix the problem. You can find it in most grocery stores near the fabric softner. just thought i’d share! I had the same problem with my Squire Jagmaster. I get a static sound when my finger brushes over the pick guard. Static Guard woked for me too. Would shielding the inside prevent this?

Anonymous

how or where do i find the wiring plans/schematics/diagrams for fender PBass?

Anonymous

the best place i have found for diagrams is http://www.guitarnuts.com this guy seems to know his stuff. try his shielding project. it takes a little work, but it also takes away much of the unwanted noise.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.