Crate G120CXL 990 Limited Edition Information

Posted by bill on Sat, 02/01/03 - 14:25:26.

I was just curious, I bought this amp new about 10 years ago, and never knew much about it. It is a Crate G120CXL with 2 12" Custom Design speakers, stereo outs/ins and balanced ins. It has a gold plate on it that says 751/1000. I have seen others and the gold plates all have different numbers, such as 250/1000.

Were these a numbered limited production run? The colors on the amp are different from the ones of that time frame.

Any further information is appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Crate G120CXL 990 Limited Edition Information

: I was just curious, I bought this amp new about 10 years ago, and never knew much about it. It is a Crate G120CXL with 2 12" Custom Design speakers, stereo outs/ins and balanced ins. It has a gold plate on it that says 751/1000. I have seen others and the gold plates all have different numbers, such as 250/1000.

: Were these a numbered limited production run? The colors on the amp are different from the ones of that time frame.

: Any further information is appreciated.

I also own a crate g120cxl 990 limited edition 77/1000. I bought this amp when I was 15 years old and have had it ever since. The amp was basically the same as the red colored design g120xl. Crate added that cooky new chorus to the thing and gave it some sweet extra features like the balanced ins and the effects loop. I have been searching online for more info about this amp also. The last number stands for 77 out of 1000 produced. Feel free to email me at the above address

I own one of these too 108/1000

I own one of the too. 108/1000

I bought mine MANY years

I bought mine MANY years ago... Mine was black on black 2 12" Celestion speakers in the cab...
Also bought another 2x12 cab for the amp as well. The 2 12" cabinet is a bit bigger then the Limited Edition amp.
I cant remember how old it is exactly but I would say it was around 25 years old or so. Mine was # 212/1000
and got it from a dealer near the St Louis area where SLM electronics is from. (Builder of the amp)

It was a limited production run at the time. I bought it while the representative from SLM electronics was at the music store.

Crate G120CXL 990 limited edition guitar amplifier

I just acquired mine from Facebook marketplace for $30.
The number is 480/1000. Any idea on how old it is? I also have a Crate 4x12 cabinet, and ws curious as to whether or not I can use it safely with the amp's on board speakers.
Thanks

Crate G120CXL 990 limited edition

I own one of these amps, No 282/1000 , Nice cleans, Good distortion, chorus and reverb ... Mine is for sale but not sure what to ask for it?

Crate G120CXL 990 Limited Edition

These were made in 1990. I purchased mine when they came out. The main difference and what made them limited was that they came with a lifetime warranty instead of the 5/2. I still have mine but obviously the warranty is useless. I did upgrade to Celestion’s in the later years. 667/1000

6/100

I acquired 6/1000 for $60

Crate G120 XL Front inputs not working , Rear inputs ARE working

I just bought this Crate G120XL and it didn't come with the foot switch but the two inputs on the front do not produce any sound while the rear inputs do. So it gets power.... Both speakers produce sound... The lights are working on the front but i can't get anything to work on the front..nothing... The amp is dusty so ima try blowing it out and i can't see anything physically wrong on the boards. Nothing is burnt and everything appears to be connected. I feel like i might need the foot switch or something.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can possibly help me out here...✊✊

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.