Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Crate G120CXL 990 Limited Edition Information

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I was just curious, I bought this amp new about 10 years ago, and never knew much about it. It is a Crate G120CXL with 2 12" Custom Design speakers, stereo outs/ins and balanced ins. It has a gold plate on it that says 751/1000. I have seen others and the gold plates all have different numbers, such as 250/1000.

Were these a numbered limited production run? The colors on the amp are different from the ones of that time frame.

Any further information is appreciated.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just bought this Crate G120XL and it didn’t come with the foot switch but the two inputs on the front do not produce any sound while the rear inputs do. So it gets power…. Both speakers produce sound… The lights are working on the front but i can’t get anything to work on the front..nothing… The amp is dusty so ima try blowing it out and i can’t see anything physically wrong on the boards. Nothing is burnt and everything appears to be connected. I feel like i might need the foot switch or something.
      Thanks in advance to anyone that can possibly help me out here…✊✊

Anonymous

I acquired 6/1000 for $60

Anonymous

I own one of these amps, No 282/1000 , Nice cleans, Good distortion, chorus and reverb … Mine is for sale but not sure what to ask for it?

Anonymous

These were made in 1990. I purchased mine when they came out. The main difference and what made them limited was that they came with a lifetime warranty instead of the 5/2. I still have mine but obviously the warranty is useless. I did upgrade to Celestion’s in the later years. 667/1000

Anonymous

I just acquired mine from Facebook marketplace for $30.
      The number is 480/1000. Any idea on how old it is? I also have a Crate 4×12 cabinet, and ws curious as to whether or not I can use it safely with the amp’s on board speakers.
      Thanks

Anonymous

I bought mine MANY years ago… Mine was black on black 2 12″ Celestion speakers in the cab…
      Also bought another 2×12 cab for the amp as well. The 2 12″ cabinet is a bit bigger then the Limited Edition amp.
      I cant remember how old it is exactly but I would say it was around 25 years old or so. Mine was # 212/1000
      and got it from a dealer near the St Louis area where SLM electronics is from. (Builder of the amp)

It was a limited production run at the time. I bought it while the representative from SLM electronics was at the music store.

Anonymous

I own one of the too. 108/1000

Anonymous

: I was just curious, I bought this amp new about 10 years ago, and never knew much about it. It is a Crate G120CXL with 2 12" Custom Design speakers, stereo outs/ins and balanced ins. It has a gold plate on it that says 751/1000. I have seen others and the gold plates all have different numbers, such as 250/1000. : Were these a numbered limited production run? The colors on the amp are different from the ones of that time frame. : Any further information is appreciated. I also own a crate g120cxl 990 limited edition 77/1000. I bought this amp when I was 15 years old and have had it ever since. The amp was basically the same as the red colored design g120xl. Crate added that cooky new chorus to the thing and gave it some sweet extra features like the balanced ins and the effects loop. I have been searching online for more info about this amp also. The last number stands for 77 out of 1000 produced. Feel free to email me at the above address

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.