• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Has anyone ever heard of a Norma brand guitar.This was my first guitar.It is 30 years old but still sounds good. It is an acoustic.Is this an inexpensive guitar? Paid 80.00 when bought new. Thanks!

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Trying to find any info on the acoustic bass Norma put out in early 60s. It seems mid sized. Just can not find any information on them?

Anonymous

My dad bought this for me in 65 when I was 15. Three pickup with vibrato. Still sounds great and excellent condition. Seen prices vary on it, anywhere from $150 to $475.00. Don’t know how accurate those prices are. Believe it was in the neighborhood of $80 when he bought it.

Anonymous

I’ve had this guitar since it was new in the late 60’s. Paid about $100 back then. It was mfgr’d in Japan, as per the label on the neck. From what I’ve read, the Norma brand Norma brand guitars were made from 1957 to 1970 by Tomono in Japan and were distributed by Sprum & Drum in the USA. Later around the 70’s, National bought them out.

Natrually they are OOB now.

Anonymous

I have a norma guitar similar to the sunburts TV-933 however the pickups arent 123, but 1, 1-2,2. Can anyone help me identify it? I cannot find the serial #.

Anonymous

i have a norma fg 17 acoustic guitar that i know nothing about. if anyone can tell me anything that would be great!

Anonymous

It’s a Norma classical guitar with Marty Robins name hand painted on the flat top in large letters. Anybody out there have one or seen one like it ?

Anonymous

would like to know if anyone could tell me where to get a wiring diagram for a Norma semi-hollow body model#EG671-2HT electric guitar Thank you Paul

Anonymous

I purchased a Norma acoustic guitar from a guy at work for $20 back in the early 90’s.It has proven to be my favorite guitar over the years. Still looks and sounds good. For a cheap guitar. I had a tuning peg ivory (plastic) break the other day. Was looking for a replacement aged (yellowed) peg to replace it.

Bill

Anonymous

Did you ever get your peg? I found an old Norma in the garage that I had given my grandson about 15yrs. ago. I was going to take the pegs off and toss the guitar.

Anonymous

I have found out that the bridge on soe of the cheep Japnies “teisco” guitars are placed in the rong spot . making ithard to get in toon and or stay in toon… is the case with my zim-gar .. and maybe my Polaris too. havent played that one live .. just recordings. my question is how are the Electric Normas.. do that tune and hold a tune well???

Joe

Anonymous

I also was amazed how well my Norma FG-7 played..its a parlor size acoustic guitar made of what looks to be all mohagony with a white pic guard kinda cool looking but it was a cheap guitar for the times.it was made in Korea…I acquired it in a small trade …the bridge was broken on the peghead and luckily both pieces were still there as it still had 4 strings that looked original to me that held the two pieces together…lol….I re-glued the bridge…cleaned her up real well…re-strung her…and wow…I couldn’t really contain myself as she sounded as well as a lot of other guitars out there today…although they aren’t worth that much…it;s all in how they play and sound…so I believe they are a dandy for sure…but most will be a rebuild! have fun all and keep strummin’

Anonymous

My brother owns a Norma acoustic guitar modeled on the Gibson Hummingbird. He bought it used in the mid 70s. Solidly built but only average sound. I would guess that like many Japanese made guitars from the 70s, Norma was not a “company,” but simply an American sounding brand name chosen by a larger Japanese instrument manufacturer to market their guitars in the USA. I own a mid 70s Penco acoustic, same deal, name was used on Japanese made guitars marketed through the Pennsylvania Music Company, thus Penco.

Anonymous

My Dad bought me a Norma 12-string hollow body electric in 1968-69. I love it. Learned to play guitar on it.

I still have it. Hook it up to a good amp and it sounds as good as anything.

Anonymous

My dad has an old Norma classical 6 string from the 70s.I’ve been told it was a cheap brand and not especially remarkable,but his is still holding up and still sounds good.It had to have a neck repair many years ago,but still plays well.I’m not sure what the tone woods are.The neck,back and sides are dark,like mahogany,the top is very orange and kind of ugly.

Anonymous

My mom just gave me a Norma FG12 acoustic guitar my father bought for her back in the day. It is in the original box and i honestly doubt it ever made it out of the box! It appears in pristine condition but I know absolutely nothing about guitars. I really don’t care to learn how to play it. I would like to sell it but have absolutely no idea how much it is worth nor know the best place to try to sell (?ebay perhaps) Any suggestions/thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

I realize you posted this over 6 years ago but you wouldn’t happen to have the guitar still would you

Anonymous

I bought this guitar at an estate sale, and it turns out to be my favorite of a dozen guitars I have owned over 40 years. It just suits me in all ways. For an old guitar it has a true neck (1 11/16″ nut width), fine intonation, a good sound for a smallish box that was inexpensively made. I put a K&K Sound pickup in it and it sounds great.
      I wish I had another one just like it. If anybody wants to sell this same model, I’d be interested in buying. Mine has a silver sticker on the back of the headstock that reads MODEL no. FG 39. I don’t see a serial # on or in it. Thanks!

Anonymous

I have a norma acoustical guitar that my grandma bought in 1965 or 69 it plays great model WG 65 does anyone know anything about it or its value or where to look.

Anonymous

Just a little note for the “history buffs”…..

I’m repairing (replacing bridge) an old Norma FG5 Acoustic that my wife had received new on her 10th Birthday approx. April 1975. Just wanted to tip ya’all off that this one has a small sticker still attached that says “MADE IN KOREA”. Also, this instrument is a 3/4 size (parlor?) suitable for youngsters to start out with.

Happy pickin’s

C~

Anonymous

I’m looking for the wiring diagram/schematic of a 6-string Norma guitar Burns copy. This guitar has 4 on/off switches on upper horn area of body, 4 pickups, 4 volume knobs, a L-M-H switch, plus a R and S switch (rhthym and solo) and a whammy bar ! I’ve never seen so many knobs and switches on one guitar. It’s in great shape too.

AGAIN – ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THIS GUITAR ? OR EVEN STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND I’LL DO THE FOOTWORK.

tHANKS IN ADVANCE !

Anonymous

I’m looking for a picture of the wiring of a Norma electric guitar with 1 vol 1 tone switch phase switch and 2 pickups, or a wiring diagram.

Anonymous

I have an acoustic Norma guitar also. Mine has been sitting on a stand for over 24 years and picked up now and then for a strum. It still sounds great and not even a warp. Mine says FG-39 on the inside. Anyone have any info on these guitars?

Anonymous

Well… I’m researching this to since I have a Norma Accoustic. From what I have found they were only made between 1965-1970something. Most were made in japan including mine although some were made in Italy. They were made in the same factory as the Sear silvertone’s. Most are considered vintage guitars especially the electrics from the 60’s. From what I have seen electrics in good condition are worth a good bit of money. I’m still trying to find more info on mine though. Like what woods is it made of. and what was the exact year of manufacture. It says FG-10 on it. It plays great. Has great sound and plays prety easily except mine doesn’t seem to like you using the first fret. lol… just trying to add some info here

Anonymous

I have a 6 string Flat Top.

It is in great condition, I know nothing about it. Picked it up at a garage sale for $5.00

Anonymous

I bought my Norma accoustic in 1971 from a lady dealer who bought-out other stores going out of business. I paid $50. for guitar,case and strings. Best $50. I`ve ever spent. The sound gets better everyday. I have played the local market a lot, and fronted a Jamboree stage for 12 years (did the microphone work and sang), where I saw many a performer and their guitars come and go. Everyone was envious of my good sounding guitar. I applied a Dean Markeley electric pickup into the round hole and “wow” what a sound. Wouldnt take nothing for it. I own 7 accoustics,4 ele and three ele bass` guitars. I take my Norma everywhere. I am in the Georgia Music Hall of Fame and get lots of opportunities.
        A friend owns a music store and looked up the “Norma” brand. It said- Norma guitars were manufactured in Japan between 1966 and 1972 by the Japanese to compete with the Gibson HummingBird. The look is almost identical (Check out the Gibson Hummingbird played by Jonathan “BuggieMan” Long from Baton Rouge La. His looks exactly like my Norma. I too was curious for thirty years about my good sounding guitar. Looks aint everything!

Anonymous

sorry–no help here. I am looking for some info on my guitar, too. same thing: norma fg-10. i’ve had it for 23 years. any info? thanks for any and all help…

Anonymous

: Has anyone ever heard of a Norma brand guitar.This was my first guitar.It is 30 years old but still sounds good. It is an acoustic.Is this an inexpensive guitar? : Paid 80.00 when bought new. Thanks! I found one at a local shop, 60’s Norma, resembles a Strat LIKE guitar, but with a sweet design… It has two switch where you would fidn hte pickup selector on a gibson les paul. Its got a few nicks and such, but it sounds REALLY good and the guy only wants 60 bucks, I plan on buying it, re-fretting, and doing some custom fix up on the body. And He said pretty much everything is original… A pretty sweet guitar if you ask me… If and when I buy it I’ll get a picture, email if interested!

Anonymous

I have a six string Norma acoustic guitar. Bought at a garage sale. Had to put strings on and repair bridge. It has great sound and a very nice to play neck. Compared to some guitars that now cost about $500 this plays as good or better. (better tha a gibson epiphone). Also would like to know more.

Anonymous

i have a norma base guitar and am trying to find out more info

Anonymous

I just baught a norma guitar and a norma amp. on ebay. The guitar has a number under the neck 695 I assume its the 695th one made. Unfortionatly the lower pick up dosn’t work. How would I get it Fixed? Is the company still in business? I dont know the real value but am trying to find out.Any help is apreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

: Has anyone ever heard of a Norma brand guitar.This was my first guitar.It is 30 years old but still sounds good. It is an acoustic.Is this an inexpensive guitar? : Paid 80.00 when bought new. Thanks! My first electric guitar was a Norma. I bought it in the late 60’s, early 70’s. I still have it…and just brought it in to a guitar shop to get its electronics working again. It has 4 pickups…4 on/off switches…an r/s switch and a switch for low, medium and high tone. It was a fun guitar to learn on. But I, too…know nothing about the Norma company.

Anonymous

I have a Norma guitar. It’s over 30 years old. I received it as a Christmas present from my father when I was a child. After all these years, give or take a nick or two, it still looks and sounds great.

Anonymous

I have a norma 3/4 size guitar that I inherited from my uncle. I am 16 years old and the guitar is at least 5 years older than me. I know nothing about it, however, because my uncle died before i was born.

: : Has anyone ever heard of a Norma brand guitar.This was my first guitar.It is 30 years old but still sounds good. It is an acoustic.Is this an inexpensive guitar?
      : : Paid 80.00 when bought new. Thanks!
      : yes i have a norma brand guitar,it is a flat top acoustic made in west germany.
      : i do not know anything about it.i baught it at a flea market.it does not appear to be as old as yours?but i could be wrong.it has a marking inside "cg99"i to am trying to find out about it?

Anonymous

a close friend of mine just pulled one out of his parent’s closet from the 60s. it’s an electric. 20 frets. MINT condition. Needs re-wiring and new screws for the pickup. it also has a case. it’s a neat looking little relic.

Anonymous

I also have a Norma guitar that a friend gave to me. It’s very cool — hollow body double-cutaway electric guitar with whammy bar and really nice sounding pick-ups. I don’t know anything about it and I’m trying to research the Norma company.

A friend of mine has a Norma drumset. Our idea is that we want to have a band called "Norma" in which I play the guitar, he plays drums, and anybody else plays any other Norma instruments. That’s why I’m eager to find out anything more about this Norma company.

If anyone had any info to share please e-mail me!

Anonymous

: I also have a Norma guitar that a friend gave to me. It’s very cool — hollow body double-cutaway electric guitar with whammy bar and really nice sounding pick-ups. I don’t know anything about it and I’m trying to research the Norma company. : A friend of mine has a Norma drumset. Our idea is that we want to have a band called "Norma" in which I play the guitar, he plays drums, and anybody else plays any other Norma instruments. That’s why I’m eager to find out anything more about this Norma company. : If anyone had any info to share please e-mail me! :I just purched a norma guitar and a norma amp. on Ebay for $130. Unfortunatly the lower pick up dosn’t work. I am trying to find out how to get it fixed and More about the manufacturer.Any help would be apreciated. E mail my and I can send a picture . Thanks

Anonymous

I Just Purchesed a Norma Guitar and amp. on Ebay.Unfortionatly the lower pick up dose not work and I need to get it fixed. Is the company still in business. Any sugestions? Thanks : A friend of mine has a Norma drumset. Our idea is that we want to have a band called "Norma" in which I play the guitar, he plays drums, and anybody else plays any other Norma instruments. That’s why I’m eager to find out anything more about this Norma company. : If anyone had any info to share please e-mail me!

Anonymous

: Has anyone ever heard of a Norma brand guitar.This was my first guitar.It is 30 years old but still sounds good. It is an acoustic.Is this an inexpensive guitar?
      : Paid 80.00 when bought new. Thanks!
      yes i have a norma brand guitar,it is a flat top acoustic made in west germany.
      i do not know anything about it.i baught it at a flea market.it does not appear to be as old as yours?but i could be wrong.it has a marking inside "cg99"i to am trying to find out about it?

Anonymous

I too have a Norma 6 string acoustic bought in the late 60’s. I always thought it was a Canadian made product. She still has great fingering action-and a pretty tone. The internal bridges are slightly warpped but the neck is fine. Still a real playable instrument.

Anonymous

: : Has anyone ever heard of a Norma brand guitar.This was my first guitar.It is 30 years old but still sounds good. It is an acoustic.Is this an inexpensive guitar? : : Paid 80.00 when bought new. Thanks! : yes i have a norma brand guitar,it is a flat top acoustic made in west germany. : i do not know anything about it.i baught it at a flea market.it does not appear to be as old as yours?but i could be wrong.it has a marking inside "cg99"i to am trying to find out about it?

Anonymous

hi! i also have a norma guitar. I got it for Christmas in 1969 or 70 I believe. It’s been passed around among friends but I have it back again. Any info from anyone on history or value to date? Thanks!

Anonymous

I have had an old beat-up non-functioning norma electric archtop (hollow body) since i was 13(in 1984). A friend gave it to me and said i could have it if i could fix it… well like 20 years later i fixed it! and had the electrical redone for like $60.00. it needed some new parts (basiclly EVERYTHING) but i really wanted an archtop and knew i could fix this one up to sound pretty cool…. what i have found out about these guitars is that they really arent worth anything… i thought this one may have been from the late 50’s early 60’s so i may be worth something.. but as it turns out most people i have talked to about restoring it says its not worth anything that they were just little copies made in the 50’s-60’s and bought in the US at probably sears or something…. oh well I DONT CARE i really like it and its made well, so for the sheer vintage look and great feel I LOVE IT!-jj

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.