Takamine EN12C12

Posted by John F on Fri, 07/18/03 - 09:14:22.

I've just bought a s/h Take EN12C12 - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Takamine EN12C12

: I've just bought a s/h Take <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">EN12C12</B> - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

The back and sides are laminated Australian lacewood--and yes, they do look nice! I just had my EN12C12 repaired and set up. The top is solid spruce.

As far as value...list on these was $1250; they are, unfortunately, worth a good deal less than that.

Not that they've depreciated--just that the list (as always) was way high.

Some advice: watch the bridge. It will pull away from the top. String it w/ light gauge or Dean Markley Medium/Light gauge strings to avoid this, and pay attention to humidity.

: : I've just bought a s/h Take <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">EN12C12</B> - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

: The back and sides are laminated Australian lacewood--and yes, they do look nice! I just had my EN12C12 repaired and set up. The top is solid spruce.

: As far as value...list on these was $1250; they are, unfortunately, worth a good deal less than that.

: Not that they've depreciated--just that the list (as always) was way high.

: Some advice: watch the bridge. It will pull away from the top. String it w/ light gauge or Dean Markley Medium/Light gauge strings to avoid this, and pay attention to humidity.

Thanks Ian - will do!

: : I've just bought a s/h Take <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">EN12C12</B> - It's made from some beautiful woods - anyone know what they are & how much the guitar is worth these days?

: The back and sides are laminated Australian lacewood--and yes, they do look nice! I just had my EN12C12 repaired and set up. The top is solid spruce.

: As far as value...list on these was $1250; they are, unfortunately, worth a good deal less than that.

: Not that they've depreciated--just that the list (as always) was way high.

: Some advice: watch the bridge. It will pull away from the top. String it w/ light gauge or Dean Markley Medium/Light gauge strings to avoid this, and pay attention to humidity.

According to Taki site - the woods are rosewood back & sides and cedar top ?

Takamine EN12C-12

I'm looking for this specific model of Takamine EN12C-12
I know is discontinued, any one selling this guitar
Please let me know
Thank you

Takamine EN12C12 for sale

I am selling my Takamine 12 string EN12C12 Made in Japan, not from one of its offshore places. I am in Canada. Where are you?

Takamine en12c-12

Hello I heard you were selling your takamine en12c12 I am interested and if you have any contact info please let me know!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.