Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics MY First Hollowbody…Help!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’m about to purchase my first hollowbody and I’ve got it narrowed down to the three choices below…if anybody has any experience with any of these guitars, I’d sure appreciate your input before I pull the trigger:

1. Used Guild Starfire III (Under $1000)
    2. New Washburn J9 w/Bigsby about $700
    3. New Dearmond T400 about $700

I’m really looking for the best bang for the buck…styles of music I will be playingm mostly blues and learning Jazz…
    thanks,
    Joel

Related News:
    Ibanez AF55 & Ibanez AS53 – Artcore Series Hollow Bodies

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: good bang-for-the-buck … i like em.
      HERE HERE!!
      I went into a store looking for an ES335 and came out with an Ibanez AS-120-wh and I love it. Beautifully made and great tone.

Anonymous

I’ve been playing guitar for 15 years, and have had an Ibanez Artstar-200 for about 4 years. I love this guitar. I play melodic rock, and have used it live and in the studio – clean, with effects, distorted – you name it. It is great, and I higly recommend it to anyone. After I got it, I got rid of my mint 1970 Gibson ES-335 as the Ibanez has a slightly wider neck and much better tone and sustain. I wish I could find another one around here as a backup. If you see one, try it out.

Anonymous

: I’m about to purchase my first hollowbody and I’ve got it narrowed down to the three choices below…if anybody has any experience with any of these guitars, I’d sure appreciate your input before I pull the trigger:

: 1. Used Guild Starfire III (Under 000)
      : 2. New Washburn J9 w/Bigsby about 00
      : 3. New Dearmond T400 about 00

: I’m really looking for the best bang for the buck…styles of music I will be playingm mostly blues and learning Jazz…
      : thanks,
      : Joel

I would go for the Guild. If you can’t afford it, go for the Dearmond version.

Anonymous

I like the Ibanez Artstar also,they have great necks.
      Gulds are cool,but the pickups tend to be a little bright.The Ibanez GB10(?) is very good.But seriously,
      one of my teachers had a Gibson 335 that almost made me CREAM MY GENES !!
      Good to you

Anonymous

good bang-for-the-buck … i like em.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.