Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Electra Westone Guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just bought a dark green Electra Westone Guitar. It has a three-way toggle switch with three pickups. The top pickup consists of two coils. The center pickup is a single coil and the bridge pickup is two coils. It came with a rectangular hard shell case with the whammy bar tucked inside. The body is in excellent shape – just a couple of minor scratches and a nick near the nut. The guitar sounds great with a wide range of sounds. The fret action is perfect – very fast and easy to play. I dropped the 25 I had to pay with no effort because the guitar just felt right. I would love to hear from anyone who could tell me more about this guitar. Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

In 1984 I bought an Electra/Westone Graphite Dynasty. I’m looking for any info on the guitar;parts etc. The wiring schematics/diagrams ect.-as the pots are broken and I want to restore it to as original as possible. Thank-You. Gordon Miller/Bissett

Anonymous

In 1984 I bought an Electra/Westone Graphite Dynasty. I’m looking for any info on the guitar;parts etc. The wiring schematics/diagrams ect.-as the pots are brokenand I want to restore it to as original as possible. Thank-You. Gordon Miller/Bissett

Anonymous

hi there. you may have an electra westone super-strat. you will know if it has a jumbo strat stayle body, thru body neck(neck goes into body with no bolts or plate) & has one volume knob and two tone knobs that pull out to change phasing. oh yeah its pretty heavy too. if these descriptions match then you have a super strat. they are japan built and were made in 1984 only. i also have one that i rewired and replaced the rear humbucker with a seymore duncun invader pickup. the guitar is great. it has great action, sustain and tone. plays and sounds much better than guitars costing much much more. you dont see many of these around and most guitar heads wont think much of it because it is not a known brand(they were only built for one year as a result of a short lived merger of the companys) for some reason they do not fetch much money on resale but this is a plus if you are buying. hope that helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.