Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Re: How to build an ebow?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Back in the 1970’s I built an ebow toy. I took a solenoid (like what a washing machine uses to open water valves), and glued a big fat magnet to the back. I held it near the strings of an old acoustic guitar and connected it to the input of a tube amp. Took another solenoid (sans magnet) and held it near the strings, a few inches away from the first. The second solenoid was connected to the amp’s output. Cranked up the volume and got LOUD noises. With practice, I got it to play some nice-sounding chords, and actually got a distorted feedback tone out of it that was pretty aggressive. The only "speaker" was the guitar itself.

from: http://www.em411.com/forum/17928/2/diy_ebow_like_device_.html

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I’m looking for the value of a mint condition Hohner HG730 and a mint condition Hohner TWP600b. Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a custom ESP The Mirage With two double coil pick ups . it has 22 freds and i think the guitar is between 6 and 11 years old its completely black the neck to and the tremolo you have to click in i bought it 6 years ago as a second handed and its still like new great guitar !!!!!

Anonymous

: I have a Hohner model Rockwood LX250G. Any idea of a value?

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.] I have a 1966 Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman model no. 24819, This beauty is in good shape How much is it worth? Thanks Bob

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.