Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Crate blue voodoo

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

HEy, does anyone out there have any experience with this head?? I’m considering buying it, but have no way to test it out since I’m in the military stationed in germany. Any help would be great 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: : okay firstly there are different models here is the bv60 I have had experience with this

: : Features: 10
      : : i dont know what year this combo was made in, they arent made anymore. 60 watt all tube 1×12 combo with 4 12ax7’s and 1 12au7 in the preamp, and 2 6l6 power tubes. it has two channels, with seperate tone and volumes, master presence and master reverb. there’s also a bright switch on the clean channel and a boost switch on the gain channel. you can coax many sounds out of it. but no dual reverb controls and a master volume.

: : Sound Quality: 9
      : : this will play mainly speed metal, thrash, 80s metal, classic rock, hard rock, even blues, it has killer heavy distortion, smooth overdrive, and great clean. roll back the mids, crank the high and low, gain to the max, boost switch on, and crank it and it nails the hetfield sound. Bit of tweaking and you’ve got megadeth. turn the gain down, ac/dc, led zep. Plus it’s easy to get warm blues sound, and the clean is beautiful. It is amazing for the price, tone, and versatility. i would recommend it, or the head version. great products. however, however its not the absolute best.

: : Where as the BV212 is not so good in my eyes because it’s very very noisy, and you can’t switch from distortion to cleans without geting a very loud "POP".
      : : However a word of warning the realiability on both are not very good especially on the 212. hope that helps, ps I have used both, & they do sound great. Phil
      : : 1st,I don’t care for the Blue Voodoo or Marshalls’ 100 watt heads. But in doing a side by side comparrison for HOURS, I like the Crate better. The Marshall is "good" for 1 sound,not tone. The clean ch. to me, is useless. The Crate, to me has a much nicer clean channel. More punch/drive. The "distortion channel" doesn’t SCREEECH like the Marshall. Again,to me. Also,the Marshall is HORRIBLE w/single coil pups. maybe B/C you have to CRANK the Marshall to get the 1 "good" sound/ Get the 50/60 watt head if you go that route. BTW,look into the Sovtec offerings if that’s the sound you’re looking for. 1/2 the price. Also,the Crate/Marshall are owned by a friend of mine. Both several years old. The Crate has been reliable.

Well, I’m probably going to go with the 120 watt head, the BV120 something or other, can’t remember right now, but thanks for the info 🙂

Anonymous

: okay firstly there are different models here is the bv60 I have had experience with this

: Features: 10
      : i dont know what year this combo was made in, they arent made anymore. 60 watt all tube 1×12 combo with 4 12ax7’s and 1 12au7 in the preamp, and 2 6l6 power tubes. it has two channels, with seperate tone and volumes, master presence and master reverb. there’s also a bright switch on the clean channel and a boost switch on the gain channel. you can coax many sounds out of it. but no dual reverb controls and a master volume.

: Sound Quality: 9
      : this will play mainly speed metal, thrash, 80s metal, classic rock, hard rock, even blues, it has killer heavy distortion, smooth overdrive, and great clean. roll back the mids, crank the high and low, gain to the max, boost switch on, and crank it and it nails the hetfield sound. Bit of tweaking and you’ve got megadeth. turn the gain down, ac/dc, led zep. Plus it’s easy to get warm blues sound, and the clean is beautiful. It is amazing for the price, tone, and versatility. i would recommend it, or the head version. great products. however, however its not the absolute best.

: Where as the BV212 is not so good in my eyes because it’s very very noisy, and you can’t switch from distortion to cleans without geting a very loud "POP".
      : However a word of warning the realiability on both are not very good especially on the 212. hope that helps, ps I have used both, & they do sound great. Phil
      : 1st,I don’t care for the Blue Voodoo or Marshalls’ 100 watt heads. But in doing a side by side comparrison for HOURS, I like the Crate better. The Marshall is "good" for 1 sound,not tone. The clean ch. to me, is useless. The Crate, to me has a much nicer clean channel. More punch/drive. The "distortion channel" doesn’t SCREEECH like the Marshall. Again,to me. Also,the Marshall is HORRIBLE w/single coil pups. maybe B/C you have to CRANK the Marshall to get the 1 "good" sound/ Get the 50/60 watt head if you go that route. BTW,look into the Sovtec offerings if that’s the sound you’re looking for. 1/2 the price. Also,the Crate/Marshall are owned by a friend of mine. Both several years old. The Crate has been reliable.

Anonymous

okay firstly there are different models here is the bv60 I have had experience with this

Features: 10
      i dont know what year this combo was made in, they arent made anymore. 60 watt all tube 1×12 combo with 4 12ax7’s and 1 12au7 in the preamp, and 2 6l6 power tubes. it has two channels, with seperate tone and volumes, master presence and master reverb. there’s also a bright switch on the clean channel and a boost switch on the gain channel. you can coax many sounds out of it. but no dual reverb controls and a master volume.

Sound Quality: 9
      this will play mainly speed metal, thrash, 80s metal, classic rock, hard rock, even blues, it has killer heavy distortion, smooth overdrive, and great clean. roll back the mids, crank the high and low, gain to the max, boost switch on, and crank it and it nails the hetfield sound. Bit of tweaking and you’ve got megadeth. turn the gain down, ac/dc, led zep. Plus it’s easy to get warm blues sound, and the clean is beautiful. It is amazing for the price, tone, and versatility. i would recommend it, or the head version. great products. however, however its not the absolute best.

Where as the BV212 is not so good in my eyes because it’s very very noisy, and you can’t switch from distortion to cleans without geting a very loud "POP".
      However a word of warning the realiability on both are not very good especially on the 212. hope that helps, ps I have used both, & they do sound great. Phil

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.