Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Guild acoustic

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25’s. Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25’s. Thanks! HELLO! My favorite guitar in the under $2000 range. I also have a Guild D-25c purchased new in 1975. The "C" stands for CHERRY. There was also a D-25M (Mahogony). The mahongony ‘red’ is darker than the cherry red d-25c. The tone of the d-25c has also been much nicer guitar. It is louder and more balanced. Much brighter sound than the D-25M. I think ‘cherry’ is simply spruce with cherry stain (or a type of cherry wood??)…..the mahogony is mahogony backs and I think spruce top. But the C is definately for CHERRY. I have the original Guild booklet describing it as such.

Anonymous

Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar? : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25’s. Thanks!

Anonymous

The "C" in the Guild D25C represents the chery finish that your model has. : Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar? : : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25’s. Thanks!

Anonymous

Nope, not cutaway, from the front it looks just like a D25, I am assuming the D is for Dreadnought, the body style. The only thing different that I see is the back is curved rather than flat (C for curved???) Phil : Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar? : : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25’s. Thanks!

Anonymous

Try this site: sorry, wrong site…. good luck…. : Nope, not cutaway, from the front it looks just like a D25, I am assuming the D is for Dreadnought, the body style. The only thing different that I see is the back is curved rather than flat (C for curved???) : Phil : : : Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar? : : : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25’s. Thanks!

Anonymous

Try this site: http://www.gibson.com/relations/faq.html#_9._How_can good luck…. : Nope, not cutaway, from the front it looks just like a D25, I am assuming the D is for Dreadnought, the body style. The only thing different that I see is the back is curved rather than flat (C for curved???) : Phil : : : Most times the C means "cutaway" is it a cutaway guitar? : : : I have a red Guild steel-string acoutic Model D25C, built around 1975. Any idea what the "C" is for? Others ones I have seen are just D25’s. Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.