Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics vintage gretch??!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

HEY, "PLEASE HELP ME!" –"I’ve come across a
    GRETCH, Mod# 7560…serial# 26020…MINT!, in the family" –"If anyone could give me ANY inf., I’d appreciate it."
    THANX…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

well if it is a 7560 gretsch started making them in 1970 according to gretschpages.com or 1974 according to the blue book, is the serial number complete as it does not look like a serial number from that period, blue book valuation is $700 to $1,500 depending on condition. to be worth $2,000 or over an annie would need to be ’58-’61. Best place for info and discussion on gretsch guitars is http://www.gretschpages.com

Anonymous

7560 Double Anniversary, sunburst. Dates between 1971 and 1981..a common model, probably worth around £50 – £60.Jeff

Anonymous

: 7560 Double Anniversary, sunburst. Dates between 1971 and 1981..a common model, probably worth around £50 – £60.Jeff Thanx, Jeff

Anonymous

wanna sell it for £100?

Anonymous

: wanna sell it for £100? I’m not exactly in a position to sell it right now, but thanx for the offer!

Anonymous

That’s ’cause it’s worth $2,000…Really.

Anonymous

: That’s ’cause it’s worth $2,000…Really. Thanx J., that’s what I’ve heard.

Anonymous

: That’s ’cause it’s worth $2,000…Really. yes, it’s worth $2,000. makes you laugh when people want it for nothing. i am looking for a Martin D45 for $50 if you know of one in perfect condition.

Anonymous

….. regarding the Epiphone, the "used" stamp is the company’s method of selling "seconds". they are very forthright about it, but do not use the term 2nd. so they have been firstly scribbling out or scratching original labels, covering with pre-owned and always, consistently stamping used. the epiphones leave china area from the same source as Samick, World’s largest guitar maker and go to Gibson USA. they are inspected, sorted out and even those with minor blemishes are rejected, and sold as a lot to a distributor. the distributor who is not affiliated with either Gibson or epiphone takes orders from dealers. there is always more demand than supply. I don’t know your model, but since only the higher end models are scrutinized & rejected in the first place, $300 is the price I have often seen.

Anonymous

: ….. regarding the Epiphone, the "used" stamp is the company’s method of selling "seconds". they are very forthright about it, but do not use the term 2nd. so they have been firstly scribbling out or scratching original labels, covering with pre-owned and always, consistently stamping used. the epiphones leave china area from the same source as Samick, World’s largest guitar maker and go to Gibson USA. they are inspected, sorted out and even those with minor blemishes are rejected, and sold as a lot to a distributor. the distributor who is not affiliated with either Gibson or epiphone takes orders from dealers. there is always more demand than supply. I don’t know your model, but since only the higher end models are scrutinized & rejected in the first place, $300 is the price I have often seen. Once again, Thanx. I’m glad I’ve stumbled across this site. I’m impressed with the information. Now, I know where to go!

Anonymous

: : ….. regarding the Epiphone, the "used" stamp is the company’s method of selling "seconds". they are very forthright about it, but do not use the term 2nd. so they have been firstly scribbling out or scratching original labels, covering with pre-owned and always, consistently stamping used. the epiphones leave china area from the same source as Samick, World’s largest guitar maker and go to Gibson USA. they are inspected, sorted out and even those with minor blemishes are rejected, and sold as a lot to a distributor. the distributor who is not affiliated with either Gibson or epiphone takes orders from dealers. there is always more demand than supply. I don’t know your model, but since only the higher end models are scrutinized & rejected in the first place, $300 is the price I have often seen. : : Once again, Thanx. I’m glad I’ve stumbled across this site. I’m impressed with the information. Now, I know where to go! Just thought I’d let you know, if you didn’t, I came across a site called "Gretschpages.com" and it just so happened the 7560 was the guitar du jour, and I found ALL the information I was looking for! good night…

Anonymous

: : That’s ’cause it’s worth $2,000…Really. : yes, it’s worth $2,000. makes you laugh when people want it for nothing. i am looking for a Martin D45 for $50 if you know of one in perfect condition. Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard, too! I’ve had plenty of people trying to set me up with a "deal". I appreciate your honesty. I’m trying to find the history, company, origin, materials…you know… I haven’t come across any Martins in a while. sorry. I have an Epiphone PR200 NA with a sticker over the serial No. that reads 177351 saying it’s a pre-owned guitar. Epiphone on the top of the head, a Gibson plate at the base of the head, an "e" on the pick guard and an imprinted stamp on the back of the head that says "used". I’m assuming it was sent back and re-sold without warranty. I got it for $100 bucks but, I’ve seen them around for $300 if you know anything about it?

Anonymous

Help!!! Have a Gretch guitar that was my Grandfathers and story has it that he paid 300.00 for it in the fifty’s from a pawn shop in Atlantic City. So far, I think it is from the twenty’s and it’s serial number is (your not going to believe this) 7777 but it is stamped in the top of the peg board. Can anyone help with more info????? Thanks FRSchnitzel : : : That’s ’cause it’s worth $2,000…Really. : : yes, it’s worth $2,000. makes you laugh when people want it for nothing. i am looking for a Martin D45 for $50 if you know of one in perfect condition. : : Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard, too! I’ve had plenty of : people trying to set me up with a "deal". I appreciate your honesty. I’m trying to find the history, company, origin, materials…you know… : I haven’t come across any Martins in a while. sorry. : I have an Epiphone PR200 NA with a sticker over the serial No. that reads 177351 saying it’s a pre-owned guitar. Epiphone on the top of the head, a Gibson plate at the base of the head, an "e" on the pick guard and an imprinted stamp on the back of the head that says "used". I’m assuming it was sent back and re-sold without warranty. I got it for $100 bucks but, I’ve seen them around for $300 if you know anything about it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.