Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Please help me!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have an electric guitar, it’s a Saturn. I REALLY want to find out about it, but…. no dice:( i can’t find any info about it. It looks like itz from like the 60s, but itz in outstanding shape. Please, can someone help me find out about it?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Here is some information I found about your electric Saturn guitar. "The most successful Guitar made by Hopf Company, The Saturn 63 was made in 1963, and by using on the ad of the famous STAR CLUB / Humburg, this guitar become well-known for the music scene. Not only the fantastic and futuristic design, but also the full-massive sound of this guitar fascinated a lot of young guitarists in Europe. Most of the SATURN 63 was finished in 3 tone sunburst, but sometimes you’ll find the Saturn 63 in other colors. I know of the Natural and Red Sunburst finishes. The neck is laminated with a huge amount wood. Fat and strong, the medium scale. Fingerboard is rosewood. The body shape is similar to a Fender Jaguar. The top was made by solid (thick) spruce wood, the body would be maple. Electric circuit is the same with the typical one on the German electric guitar, using the 3 pin DIN plug. There’s also the model with pickup select swich (on betwen the soundholes), and the special deluxe edition (with gold hardware parts, called SATURN De Luxe) were available. Later, HOPF also made the SATURN BASS in 1967. with same design of this guitar. I found this information at the following web site: http://jazzgitarren.k-server.org/hopf.html. Be sure to scroll down quite a bit to see the Saturn guitar. Looks to be made in 1963, German made, and a WOW of a guitar. Hold onto it! Check out the site for more info and good luck. Keep on rocking and rolling! Renita

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.