Memphis Guitar

Posted by Dave Brown on Fri, 01/09/04 - 06:19:48.

I own a Memphis Les Paul Custom copy aka(Gibbo Black Beauty) It has Memphis on the headstock and a small tag on the chrome plate on the back were the neck bolts on that has the numbers and letters 103FPB. These are the only markings on this guitar and I would dearly love to find the origin and some history of it. The guitar has two great open humbuckers and has fantastic grunt. The sound that it can produce is equal to any Gibbo on the market and it has a neck and action to match
Can anybody PLEASE fill me in on the origin, country of manufacture , anything!!!! I do know that it is not a young instrument and that it looks like it could have come out of the Ibanez factory around the time of the lawsuit models in the early 70's. It is in near pefect condition and will stay in my collection. Someone out there must know of these guitars and I'm begging for enlightement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Memphis Guitar

: I own a Memphis Les Paul Custom copy aka(Gibbo Black Beauty) It has Memphis on the headstock and a small tag on the chrome plate on the back were the neck bolts on that has the numbers and letters 109B. These are the only markings on this guitar and I would dearly love to find the origin and some history of it. The guitar has two great open humbuckers and has fantastic grunt. The sound that it can produce is equal to any Gibbo on the market and it has a neck and action to match
: Can anybody PLEASE fill me in on the origin, country of manufacture , anything!!!! I do know that it is not a young instrument and that it looks like it could have come out of the Ibanez factory around the time of the lawsuit models in the early 70's. It is in near pefect condition and will stay in my collection. Someone out there must know of these guitars and I'm begging for enlightement

Did you ever find anything out about this guitar? I have the exact same model and I'm wondering about it as well.

Thanks for letting me know.

Ron
massauto1@comcast.net

Dave - I have the exact same guitar. I bought it at a yard sale in poor condition. Needs rewiring. I'm also trying very hard to find out the origin. Definately a Gibson Custom knockoff.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.