Re: Checkmate Guitar Model G115

Advertisement
Posted by Jim Koontz on Thu, 04/19/07 - 11:15:38.

I know it's been a while, but I just saw this thread.. I have one myself, it was my aunt's and she got it in 1958.. They were made by Teisco, in Japan, from the 50's through the 70's.. The G115 is a 3/4 size.. It's a nice instrument, small body, and great tone... Value wise, it is worth probably around $50-100 depending on the condition.. I doubt you would get that though... that's only the book value.. what you would get if you sold it, would be somewhere arounf 30-50.. sad but true... butthey are great little players. Check the bridge, they have a tendency to lift a little, nothing that can't be fixed easily, and inexpensively...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

i have one....btw you are

i have one....btw you are all on crack

Re: Checkmate Guitar Model G115

btw.. they were sold in all kinds of stores.. All over the world.. I have seen them in Denmark, Italy, Egypt, as well as many states in the USA.. The one my Aunt had was purchased from the F & R Lazarus store in Columbus Ohio.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.