Re: Checkmate Guitar Model G115

Posted by Jim Koontz on Thu, 04/19/07 - 11:15:38.

I know it's been a while, but I just saw this thread.. I have one myself, it was my aunt's and she got it in 1958.. They were made by Teisco, in Japan, from the 50's through the 70's.. The G115 is a 3/4 size.. It's a nice instrument, small body, and great tone... Value wise, it is worth probably around $50-100 depending on the condition.. I doubt you would get that though... that's only the book value.. what you would get if you sold it, would be somewhere arounf 30-50.. sad but true... butthey are great little players. Check the bridge, they have a tendency to lift a little, nothing that can't be fixed easily, and inexpensively...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

i have one....btw you are

i have one....btw you are all on crack

Re: Checkmate Guitar Model G115

btw.. they were sold in all kinds of stores.. All over the world.. I have seen them in Denmark, Italy, Egypt, as well as many states in the USA.. The one my Aunt had was purchased from the F & R Lazarus store in Columbus Ohio.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2015 , All Rights Reserved.