Robert Flemming Jr.

Advertisement
Posted by Chelsey E on Tue, 01/23/07 - 21:03:28.

Hello, While writing essays on African American inventors, many of my students are wanting to research the guitar and Robert Flemming Jr. Do you have more information about this?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Rober Flemming Jr.

It seems that there is a discrepancy between the BOD given by the document in yahoo groups and the one that is shown in several other sites. Yahoo document says that in 1880 he already was 40 years old while sites say that he was born in 1857, which will make him 23 years old in 1880. Any idea why?

cool

Playing it cool

Robert Flemming

Since school children seem to choose Robert Flemming as the subject of a research project every year during African-American History Month, I have provided my research on him for anyone to view. It is all that I know, so please don't ask if I know anything more, or if I can furnish pictures of him. It is what it is, and you're welcome to the information. You must go to the following site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/csshlhunley You must join the site to view the "Files" section, where the information on Robert Flemming is posted as: Robert Flemming Biography.doc Robert Fleming and the Blue Light. This information clears up all the nonsense which has been written about him. The references are listed so that you can confirm the facts for yourself.

need more info

need more info

Did you know that he was a

Did you know that he was a Union sailor during the Civil War? That his ship was the first to be sunk by a submarine, and that he was the first man on the ship to see the submarine approaching on its deadly mission? That his father was a baker in Baltimore, where Flemming was born? That he may have been imprisoned early in life, while pursuing his fortune in Gold Rush California? His patent was for a modification to any stringed instrument such as the guitar, resulting in what he called the "Euphonica." Did you know that he married late in life, never had any children, and that he and his wife chose to change their race from "Mulatto" or "Black" to "White" when they filled out their census information?

Robert F. Flemming, Jr.

Robert Flemming's life has not been detailed elsewhere, but I have put together some facts about him. Did you know that he was a Union sailor during the Civil War? That his ship was the first to be sunk by a submarine, and that he was the first man on the ship to see the submarine approaching on its deadly mission? That his father was a baker in Baltimore, where Flemming was born? That he may have been imprisoned early in life, while pursuing his fortune in Gold Rush California? His patent was for a modification to any stringed instrument such as the guitar, resulting in what he called the "Euphonica." Did you know that he married late in life, never had any children, and that he and his wife chose to change their race from "Mulatto" or "Black" to "White" when they filled out their census information? If you would like to have more information on this interesting African American man, I'd be happy to send you all the results of my research. You may contact me at my E mail address.

info on Robert F Flemming Jr. Guitar info black history month

for a project..asap

Information on Robert Fleming JR

My son is doing a report of Robert Fleming JR, we have been on the web and cant find anything. If u have any information please send it to my email.com It is due friday 27, 2012.

Thank You
Rebecca Dupuis

Robert F. Flemming Jr

i kneed mor information about him for my school project
thanks

muicis

best music

Robert Flemming Jr

Hi!

My daughter needs to write a report about Robert Flemming Jr. for school. Can you please send me information you have about him? If you happen to have a picture can you please send that too, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for your help and your time!

Jane

i do but it can not copy

i do but it can not copy okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Robert Flemming, Jr.

I don't anymore about Robert Flemming, Jr than what I've written before. See previous posts about the Yahoo group where the information is posted. I've never seen a picture of him.

thank you so much!

thank you so much!

Robert F. Flemming Jr

I wanted to know more about Flemming.
send me everything you know please and bibliography.
thanks

Queria saber mais sobre Flemming.
me envia tudo o que vc sabe por favor e a bibliografia.
obrigada

Robert Flemming, Jr

Camila,

Go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/csshlhunley/
The information is under the "Files" section: Robert Flemming bio.

Chris

Interesting

That's some interesting information, if you have further information, I'd be interested to learn more about Robert Flemming. Do you have your research available online for viewing?

Robert Flemming, Jr.

The complete info on Robert Flemming, Jr is under the "Files" section of the following Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/csshlhunley/
If you would rather, contact me at my private E mail address and I will E mail you a copy of that file.

Re: Robert Flemming Jr.

: Hello, While writing essays on African American inventors, many of my students are wanting to research the guitar and Robert Flemming Jr. Do you have more information about this? no

: Hello, While writing essays on African American inventors, many of my students are wanting to research the guitar and Robert Flemming Jr. Do you have more information about this?

what is the date of your birth

: Hello, While writing essays on African American inventors, many of my students are wanting to research the guitar and Robert Flemming Jr. Do you have more information about this? I think it is a total unjust to black americans whose interested in this information not to be able to get a true biography of this important man.

hi yes flemming was bornin 1857 in mississippi he invented the guitar on march 3rd 1886. is there anymore questions you have about mister Flemming?

: hi yes flemming was bornin 1857 in mississippi he invented the guitar on march 3rd 1886. is there anymore questions you have about mister Flemming?

Do you have any more bio information

shut the **** up!

---ummm, whoever said that.....'shut the **** up', i'm doing a report&presentation on robert flemming, and u need to stop being mean to ppl who r jus tryin to get some help!
---and whoever asked the question, i'm sorry, buht i dont have any info besides the fact he invented the guitar on March 3rd, 1886, he was african american, and he loved guitars, i hope that u found the info ur lookin for. GOOD LUCK!

Hello, my grandson is seven years old and in the second grade, he is doing a report on Robert f.Flemming,Jr., Do you have any information on him?

: Hello, my grandson is seven years old and in the second grade, he is doing a report on Robert f.Flemming,Jr., Do you have any information on him?
no you

hello my name is starquaia and i need information on robert flemming jr and maybe a few pictures of him.

: hello my name is sorrell and i need information on robert flemming jr.
and maybe a few pictures of him. All i know is that he invented a type of guitar in 1886. thanks

: hello my name is sara and i need information on robert flemming jr and maybe a few pictures of him.

: : hello my name is Emily and i need information on robert flemming jr and maybe a few pictures of him. the one who invented the guitar.

: : : hello my name is jermonica and i need information on robert flemming jr and maybe a few pictures of him. the one who invented the guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.